Discussion » Questions » Politics » What’s your prediction on how many new AnswerMug posts will be politics-related rants concerning election night Nov 8, 2022?

What’s your prediction on how many new AnswerMug posts will be politics-related rants concerning election night Nov 8, 2022?

1. Not by number, but by percentage, they’ll be up 50% of the daily average.

2. Thirty new posts per minute every hour into dawn the next morning.

3. The server will crash due to the deluge.

4.  It will read like a ticker tape machine.

5. Much of what is spoken by anyone on CNN and/or Fox News will have a corresponding tirade posted about it.

6.  That depends on how quickly hatred can be translated into word form.

7.  I don’t plan to log on that night; I anticipate how bad it will be.

8. Two or more of the above.

9. None of the above/Other answer:______.

Posted - November 5, 2022

Responses

7.  I can think of only one Mugger who will be posting about 'stolen' elections.
      November 5, 2022 8:10 AM MDT

Hmm, let me look into my crystal ball…

Oh, this is interesting…. Madame Livvie did not see this coming.

My2cents will ask a question about the midterm elections some time on Wednesday, and Slartibartfast and Spunky will both post replies that disagree with my2cent’s premise.

November 5, 2022 10:39 AM MDT

Frankly, I've heard more than enough about the elections from both parties.  I'm beginning to think that there ae hardly any politicians who are worth what they're paid.  They spend more time battling one another than they do taking care of the folks who voted for them.
      November 5, 2022 11:02 AM MDT

I agree.  News people have been talking about this election since the last one, and they’re going to start talking about the next one on Wednesday morning.  Ugh.

I think we should make a new rule.  Candidates wouldn’t be allowed to announce their candidacy until a set time before the election and they wouldn’t be allowed to campaign before a set time before the election.

Politicians should also get a pay cut.  Make their salary something like equal to the federal minimum wage.  If they want a pay raise… This post was edited by Livvie at November 6, 2022 8:52 AM MST
      November 5, 2022 8:54 PM MDT

Good ideas.  Campaigning shouldn't be permitted until three months before an election.  Let's also get corporate money out of campaign financing.  Corporations aren't people and have too much sway over candidates.  
      November 6, 2022 4:43 AM MST

Even if it is not offical...people would know who is running. 
    ie. Trump has not announced but we all know he is running.  And if they start visiting Iowa, and other early states...we know. 
      November 6, 2022 5:32 AM MST

Moving all of the primaries to a national primary election day, maybe Super Tuesday, would solve that problem.
      November 6, 2022 7:28 AM MST

They will never do it. Too much $$$ involved. 
      November 6, 2022 10:13 AM MST

9. Relatively few with Rosie‘s Corner being deserted.
      November 5, 2022 10:41 AM MDT

Given the current active members...I would say very few if any.  
      November 5, 2022 7:36 PM MDT

Just one, I'm sure.
      November 5, 2022 7:38 PM MDT

I am sure there will be one, I even think I know who will ask it...(not me) 

Mind you the question says, posts that are political rants. 
      November 6, 2022 4:41 AM MST

Hmmm, I disagree that the low total number of active members will determine the amount of politically-related content surrounding this upcoming election. Instead, I think a few people might post a lot of content about it, possibly making up about 25 to 40% of all posts. 
    ~

November 5, 2022 10:40 PM MDT

We well just have to wait and see won't we....
      November 6, 2022 4:01 AM MST

A lot.  The whole internet might explode.  Wouldn't that be great!
      November 6, 2022 12:29 PM MST