Active Now

my2cents
Danilo_G
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » answerMug Members » For those of you who sometimes, often, frequently, or constantly change your user names here, what were some previous ones you’ve used? ~

For those of you who sometimes, often, frequently, or constantly change your user names here, what were some previous ones you’ve used? ~

Posted - November 25, 2022

Responses

For those of you who sometimes, often, frequently, or constantly change your user names usernames here...

Did Kittigate help you compose the question?
      November 25, 2022 7:49 AM MST

November 25, 2022 12:12 PM MST

Is there supposed to be content there?
      November 25, 2022 12:40 PM MST

I've used the same names on all sites where anonymity is necessary (you never know what you're getting into when you first sign up on a site). My user name here NYAD stands for Not Your Average Dummy. I use one or the other on any of the "Q&A" sites I frequent or did frequent.
      November 25, 2022 8:49 AM MST

November 25, 2022 12:12 PM MST

What... ?
      November 25, 2022 12:55 PM MST

I can think of no valid reason to change my name.  It's me. 
      November 25, 2022 2:04 PM MST

I think I was about 6 when I first heard the 'Denice, Denephew' joke. Timeless! 
      November 26, 2022 4:50 AM MST

I changed mine twice on the old 'bag, in keeping with a couple of "fads", in jokes that gained a life of their own - Weylon changed his name to "Weyloony" and the site went berserk with loony-related questions, I was "Sloonybartfast" while that was going on. Likewise, when Amber threw up a bunch of banana related questions and many followed suit, I was "Slartibananafast" for that.
    On the subject of Amber, she and Jaimie are arguably the biggest culprits for changing handles - and neither has answered this question (yet).

More funny usernames:
    Seymour Butz
    Hugh Jass
    Mike Hunt
    Jenny Taylia
    Farrah Way
    Matt Adore
    Mary Christmas
      November 27, 2022 3:35 AM MST

• My previous Answermug and Similar Worlds usernames were Sirena de Tormenta. I intended it to mean Mermaid of the Storms but some people thought it meant the alarm heard before a tornado. Mermaid and siren are both sirena in Spanish. I've also used Benedictine Arnold here. My username on Similar Worlds is Martina. I would like to use Similar Worlds but it's impossible for me to use it. 

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at December 17, 2022 7:19 PM MST
      December 4, 2022 7:52 PM MST

My username on Similar Worlds is Martina. I would like to use Similar Worlds but it's impossible for me to use it.”

If you have a username on Similar Worlds, why do you say you’d like to use it but it’s impossible?
    ?

December 4, 2022 11:03 PM MST

• Similar Worlds is a place to write stories. I would like to write stories but when I sign in, I become inundated with personal messages. The last time I signed in, there were eight people who sent messages within five seconds from the time I signed in. I can't have a conversation with eight people at the same time. If I don't respond soon enough, they'll send me a nasty message. If I lose track of someone in a conversation, he'll send a nasty message. If I tell them that seven others sent me messages at the same time, they become upset. That removes the fun from Similar Worlds. It's only the men who do that. The women know how to have conversations with people.
      December 8, 2022 10:44 PM MST

Understood.
    ~

December 9, 2022 6:58 AM MST

Here’s how I think you should reply to messages from guys on SW:

Due to high message volume, I am currently experiencing delays in responding to guys.  Current wait time is…anywhere from one hour to forever.

There are eight guys ahead of you.

Your message is important to me and I might reply to messages in the order they were received.

This post was edited by Livvie at December 10, 2022 7:14 AM MST
      December 9, 2022 9:03 AM MST

I don't have that problem on Similar Worlds. They have a "block" option which I use when someone offends me or if their content is inappropriate (to me). 
      December 9, 2022 11:02 AM MST

People can also blanket block messages by gender and age but having married as my relationship status took care of most of the problem.

December 9, 2022 1:26 PM MST

Hold on, YOU’RE MARRIED? Excuse me, but I need to log off of here while I cancel some reservations. Grrrrrrr.

~

December 9, 2022 6:45 PM MST

This is about me… isn’t it? 

Jaimie 

Jai-ME (or something like that) 

Mopless ( if you know, you know) 

CarmaraObscura (band I love) 

*RoomsOnFire* (song I love) 

*Roof Is Falling* ( song I loved —for a minute) 

*LikeACandleInTheWind* ( was watching a documentary about Marylyn Monroe while logged in here) 

#CanadianGangsta ( my real name) 

There have probably been more, but these are all I can recall now. 

December 17, 2022 7:21 PM MST

Heartfire,
    Scribbler,
    Bookworm,
    maybe others I've forgotten.
      December 23, 2022 12:10 AM MST