Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » What are some common misconceptions about those trips that Randy D frequently takes to Minneapolis?

What are some common misconceptions about those trips that Randy D frequently takes to Minneapolis?

[~]

Posted - November 29, 2022

Responses

It’s a beautiful morning for Randy to visit Minneapolis!  He’ll love it there!

November 29, 2022 9:01 AM MST

Er, um, on second thought, leaving San Diego in December to go Minneapolis might not be such a great idea after all. Next time you and Jane S speak with each other, let her know I’ve left a one-way plane ticket for her to come out here to see me instead.

~

November 29, 2022 10:47 AM MST

Getting to the airport’s probably going to be a hassle today.  I don’t think she’ll be coming to see you.
      November 29, 2022 12:03 PM MST

How do I know it’s not just you and your efforts to keep her from getting here? Grrrrrrr.

This is a view of Livvie dreaming up new ways to make Randy D unhappy:

~

November 29, 2022 3:22 PM MST

You posted this at 16:22 CST today and MSP was closed from 14:00 to 16:30 today.  That gave Jane the perfect excuse to not get on a plane to see you.

Snow Queen Livvie had one job.  She performed it well.

November 29, 2022 7:06 PM MST

It’s an open ticket; she can board anytime between now and the next 120 days. You’ll be thwarted once again, Ice Princess.
    Grrrrrrrrrrrr.
    ~
      November 29, 2022 7:11 PM MST

Not to worry, Snow Queen can still work her magic well past the 29th of March in the Upper Midwest.
      November 30, 2022 8:41 AM MST

Fine.  Jane has sent me a video showing how she’s preparing herself for the day she’ll break out of your evil spell, shoveling the entire runway if necessary.  This love won’t be stopped. Grrrrrrr.

~

November 30, 2022 8:56 AM MST

I don’t think it’s a good idea for you to approach Jane while she has a shovel in her hands.
      November 30, 2022 10:01 AM MST

You ruined my surprise!
      November 30, 2022 10:39 AM MST

Hey, wait . . .
    Grrrrrrrrrr.

~

November 30, 2022 5:06 PM MST

Close, but currently we have near whiteout conditions.
      November 29, 2022 11:33 AM MST

I know exactly what your weather looks like.  My husband’s trucking company has cameras on the trucks that are set up for streaming so I can see what’s going on in real time.  Also, if an event occurs, it automatically sends me a notification.  

One of our trucks just made his way across I-694.  It took him an hour and fifty-five minutes to get from the Saint Croix River on I-94 to the I-94/I-494 split on the northwest side.  Right now the visibility on I-94 going west is terrible, so he’s going nowhere fast today.

This post was edited by Livvie at November 29, 2022 1:15 PM MST
      November 29, 2022 11:53 AM MST

That he doesn't get arrested for violating the restraining orders.

November 29, 2022 11:45 AM MST

You wouldn’t do anything like that to me, Honey! Or would you?

~

November 29, 2022 1:36 PM MST

Do you even have to ask?
      November 29, 2022 3:44 PM MST

But what about us, what about our relationship? I don’t see how revolving restraining orders and constant arrests can help. 

~

November 29, 2022 3:49 PM MST

They help me! And no we can't even be friends. 
      November 29, 2022 6:34 PM MST

This should be askers pick.
      November 29, 2022 3:37 PM MST

Neva happen! She’s going to have to work a lot harder than that in order for me to award her anything! If she plays her cards right, I just might throw her a shot. (Wink, wink.)

~

November 29, 2022 3:59 PM MST

I think Jane's idea is the most likely probability or he is gathering together a hoard of Mid-west Tildes. 
      November 29, 2022 3:40 PM MST

That he's disguising himself as the state bird, a common loon, to get closer to you-know-who. Not too difficult, he's already a common loony.
      November 30, 2022 3:26 AM MST

You know, that’s not a bad idea at all! Thanks for the recommendation! Excuse me, I have to make a phone call.

“Hello, is this the Minneapolis location of Acme Costumes-я-Us? Oh, good, thank you. In anticipation of a trip to Minneapolis that I’m planning, when I arrive there, I’ll be needing to disguise myself as a common loon. Do you have any of those available? Dozens of them, really? What’s that? Why, yes, as a matter of fact, I am calling from California, how did you know? Oh, it’s only people like me from California who ever ask for them? Gee, that’s funny; you’d think that Minnesotans would request them more than anyone. How about if as soon as my flight lands there, I go straight from the airport to your place to pick it up? Most Californians usually order ahead and have it shipped to them so that they can wear it on the plane? That’s a perfect idea, I’m glad you told me about it! Set me up for one, I’ll give you the shipping address, but listen, when it comes to the cost, what’s your company’s policy on accepting partial payment in tildes? No, not field days, tildes. T-i-l-d-e-s. How’s that? No! Of course it’s not a crank call, it’s not a prank! My name is Randy D, and I just want to rent a costume from you. Yes, Randy D from San Diego, why do you ask? List, what list? Just a minute ago, we were making a deal, and now you’re telling me you can’t do it just because of some watchlist? Why would a costume shop halfway across the country have my name on some kind of list? Oh, ALL of the businesses in Minneapolis have the list? I didn’t know about that, how is it even legal? Restraining order filings in the civil courts or something like that? No? Well, sure, I know of a woman named Jane S, but that’s merely coincidental. Oh, I see; she generates the list herself, interesting. What if I told you my visit has nothing to do with her, I’m just checking on my chapter of The Harem there? No, it’s NOT made up, it really exists! Wait, don’t hang up! I can pay in full, no tildes! Hello? Hello? I think we’ve been disconnected! Hello, are you still there? Grrrrrrrrr.”

~

November 30, 2022 6:11 AM MST

Was that you?

November 30, 2022 10:49 AM MST