Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Slartibartfast
Stu Spelling Bee
Discussion » Questions » Music » When was the most recent time you heard, by chance, a song that uplifted you because of how you felt in that moment?

When was the most recent time you heard, by chance, a song that uplifted you because of how you felt in that moment?

Mine --

after a long day of challenging-but-fun-and-successful work/life requirements, on the car radio I heard 

En Vogue's  "My Lovin' "

This is another group that I love. They helped make me feel even better.
I especially like when she says, " . . .  and I'm out the door!"

Posted - December 8, 2022

Responses

Didn’t you post this question only about a month ago?
    ~

December 8, 2022 6:56 PM MST

Good memory!, ha! I looked up my questions.

This one is pretty close, and you're right - - it's very close to the same but subtly different to me.
    Oh, well.  :)

What is your most recent example of unexpectedly hearing a song you forgot how much you liked?

And I forgot about this question until I found it in my questions.   :)

It gave me a chance to listen to En Vogue twice this evening. It's worth it to me.  :)

EDIT: Had to come back and change a bad typo. This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at December 9, 2022 7:46 AM MST
      December 8, 2022 7:14 PM MST

December 9, 2022 6:48 AM MST

• I remember songs that were perfect for the moment.

My uncle is a truck driver. There are several truck drivers in the family. Sometimes, I ride with my uncle during my time off from work. During one trip with him, Seven Nation Army played on the radio. I asked my uncle if it were possible to drive to Wichita. It's not possible. The highway ends at the border of Colombia and Panamá.

Another song that was perfect for the moment was Orinoco Flow. On a trip I took to Venezuela, Orinoco Flow was the song that played on the radio when I went across the bridge over the Orinoco.

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at December 9, 2022 6:55 PM MST
      December 9, 2022 12:00 AM MST

Very cool.  :)

And Enya is always perfect for me.
      December 9, 2022 6:56 PM MST