Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Did you hear that Donald Trump is now in the trading card buisness?

Did you hear that Donald Trump is now in the trading card buisness?

On Wednesday Trump said that he will soon be making a major announcement. The next day he made the announcement and it was that he will be selling Super Hero trading cards of himself. I thought the card was hilarious because he would need a Super Duper  girdle to make his body look like it does on the trading card. Cheers!   

Posted - December 15, 2022

Responses

Chutzpah, luv, given some of the very mild stuff that you personally have modded into oblivion.
      December 17, 2022 5:32 AM MST

I do/did not make ToS here. I apply the rules as written regardless of who made the post.  

The difference being that the Biden admin/FBI/etc do not have regular meetings with AM to tell us what to moderate.....this is what they have been doing with Twitter/FB/Youtube/etc....and this is illegal under the First Amendment.  
      December 17, 2022 6:02 AM MST

I've looked everywhere on the net for this document/information. I can't evaluate anything without some context. As it stands alone here, it really has no meaning.

Where did you get it? Thanks.
      December 16, 2022 6:26 PM MST

Trump made a speech on his social media site on 12/15 that is basically the same as the above list. It seems like he has issues with the way content is moderated on platforms like Twitter. Section 230

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/15/politics/donald-trump-2024-free-speech-tech/index.html

December 16, 2022 7:27 PM MST

You might have stopped with "he has issues."
      December 16, 2022 7:38 PM MST

Thank you.
      December 17, 2022 11:22 AM MST

I seen it online and on the news.
    Here is a link to video...I have tried to post it here but I do not think the site accepts videos from rumble.com
     https://rumble.com/v20vxtj-president-donald-j.-trump-dec.-15-2022-free-speech-initiative.html
      December 17, 2022 5:23 AM MST

Thank you.
      December 17, 2022 11:14 AM MST

But several levels below the dignity that is supposed to befit a POTUS. Bush, Clinton, and Obama would never do this.
      December 16, 2022 7:36 PM MST

True, they would never oppose gov censorship.  

I guess Obama's Chia pet head is dignified...

December 17, 2022 5:57 AM MST

You misread my post, perhaps intentionally. I was talking about the dumb figurines. And no president should or would be in favor of censorship.
      December 17, 2022 7:39 AM MST

Oh, I did not misread your post. 
    Obama  had a townhall censored in 2015 via Twitter.  And praised media censors in Apr 2022. He also tried to procecute members of the press for coverage he did not like....  FbI under Biden was meet weekly with Twitter (and  big tech to censor conservatives. Bush did not have big tech to worry about...but he certainly had  no problems lying to the American people.  

While an American President should oppose censorship.....there is a long history of supporting/asking/demanding 

NFTs are not figurines...they are digital art. That people buy and sell just as other people buy and sell physical artwork.

Why is Trump's licensing his likeness to a art company any more or less dignified than Obama licensing his likeness to Chia Pet?  This post was edited by my2cents at December 17, 2022 6:33 PM MST
      December 17, 2022 6:24 PM MST

I saw another one of Trump's trading cards today. It was a cartoon of him dressed in an Australian type of hunting outfit with a shot gun over his shoulder and he looks to be about 180 pounds. Trump had said that the reason for his cards was that America needs a super hero to clean up the mess it is in. My thoughts were super villains use guns not super heroes. And I am wondering who or what Trump is suggesting needs to be hunted. Cheers and happy weekend!
      December 16, 2022 10:00 AM MST

I guess you have never heard of Deadpool? Rocket Raccoon? Cyborg? The Punisher? Judge Dredd?
      December 16, 2022 4:03 PM MST

I was thinking about Trump selling trading cards and portraying himself as a super hero. Then I thought about a song by the Crash Test Dummies. Part of the lyrics are - "Superman never made any money Savin' the world from Solomon Grundy". Cheers and happy weekend! This post was edited by Nanoose at December 16, 2022 6:06 PM MST
      December 16, 2022 10:52 AM MST

I LOVE THE CRASH TEST DUMMIES!!

And "Superman's Song" was the first song I heard from them. 

I love both the song and music video.

"Superman's Song"

Tarzan
    Wasn't a ladies' man
    He'd just come along and scoop 'em up under his arm like that
    Quick as a cat
    In the jungle

But Clark Kent
    Now there was a real gent
    He would not be caught sittin' around in no junglescape,
    Dumb as an ape
    Doing nothing

Superman never made any money
    For saving the world from Solomon Grundy
    And sometimes I despair the world will never see another man like him

Hey Bob,
    Supe had a straight job
    Even though he could have smashed through any bank in the United States,
    Well he had the strength,
    But he would not

Folks said
    His family were all dead
    Planet crumbled but Superman, he forced himself to carry on,
    Forget Krypton,
    And keep going

Tarzan was king of the jungle and Lord over all the apes
    But he could hardly string together four words "I Tarzan, You Jane"

Sometimes when
    Supe was stopping crimes
    I'll bet that he was tempted to just quit and turn his back on man
    Join Tarzan
    In the forest

But he
    Stayed in the city,
    And kept on changing clothes in dirty old phone booths 'til his work was through
    And nothing to do
    But go on home

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at December 16, 2022 7:33 PM MST
      December 16, 2022 6:05 PM MST

Yeah I really liked them too. I think the first song I heard by them was that one about the guy that figured some day he will be wearing PJ's in the day time. Cheers and happy weekend!
      December 16, 2022 7:37 PM MST

Today I was thinking about what kind of a girdle Trump would need to look buffed in a super hero suit. Then I thought - don't be stupid even Tony Stark/Iron Man couldn't build a girdle that could contain Trump's mass. Cheers and happy weekend!
      December 17, 2022 1:33 PM MST