Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » Another one -- Did you know this?

Another one -- Did you know this?

I'm still saddened by the recent death of Anita Pointer

Through some challenges growing up, The Pointer Sisters literally saved me. They made my life so much better, simply by sharing their music and singing talent. I listened SO much to their music. And I still do.

By my listening, I credit them particularly, and Johnny Nash, with helping me grow through my younger years with more happiness.

(Stu Spelling Bee's question gave me a way to share my thoughts.)

Posted - January 7, 2023

Responses

I hadn't heard. I'm sure I would have immediately thought of you, if I'd heard it another way. 

Sending hugs. 
      January 8, 2023 11:38 AM MST

Thank you.  :)
      January 8, 2023 6:00 PM MST

Thanks for the hugs.
    I'm still emotional. But, hey - - I'm always emotional, ha. And I mean that in a good way.
      January 9, 2023 7:04 PM MST

I'm sorry, buddy. Still pointing the way, aren't they?
      January 8, 2023 12:43 PM MST

Yes, they are.  :)
    Thank you.  
      January 8, 2023 6:00 PM MST

Christine McVie hit me harder. Fleetwood Mac was part of the wallpaper of my youth. Vale, Songbird.

Dear God, please stop taking our legends. Take Trump and the Kardashians instead, nobody will miss them.
      January 8, 2023 2:35 PM MST

That's pretty much my prayer every night, please God send Donald Trump straight to hell. :):)
      January 8, 2023 4:52 PM MST

Christine McVie - - I'm right there with you, yes. I'm missing her a lot, too. What a great voice and talent.
      January 8, 2023 5:59 PM MST

I hadn’t heard about it until you mentioned it but I definitely noticed the oldies stations were playing a lot of the Pointer Sisters last week.
      January 8, 2023 9:05 PM MST

Thanks for your answer, Livvie. :)

I hope to add more to my reply but I'm pretty tired right now. 
      January 9, 2023 7:02 PM MST

The first song by THe Pointers Sisters that I heard and I was an immediate fan. My love for them has only increased.
    If you (and anyone possibly reading this ) haven't heard these songs, I hope you can give them a listen. I've rarely, if ever, heard them on the radio lately.
    All of these songs were before their even HUGER stardom in the 1980's (and, yes - - I love their 80's stuff, too).

"Yes We Can Can"   -- again, the very first song I heard from them

"Fairytale"     

a country song they wrote and won a Grammy for Best Country Performance by Group or Duo" -   the first time an all-female group won the award

"That's A Plenty"          

- this one just makes my whole being smile

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at January 10, 2023 5:40 PM MST
      January 10, 2023 4:17 PM MST