Active Now

Thebigd
Discussion » Questions » Animals (Pets/ Domesticated) » What will be some of the main differences between cats taking over the human race and dogs taking over the human race*?

What will be some of the main differences between cats taking over the human race and dogs taking over the human race*?

*We all know that either of the two (or maybe even both) will eventually happen someday, please don’t try to avoid the inevitability of it. Grrrrrrr.
~

Posted - January 11, 2023

Responses

tw  two
      January 11, 2023 12:12 PM MST

Cats have already taken over. Just ask any cat slave.
      January 11, 2023 12:16 PM MST

January 11, 2023 12:53 PM MST

That is great!  :)  :)
      January 11, 2023 7:29 PM MST

Cats took over thousands of years ago.  Why, they even had the ancient Egyptians worshiping them as gods. 

Dogs haven’t taken over yet as they aren't as sophisticated as cats.  The dog’s strategy is to take over gradually, one person at a time.  Cats went for the kill on day one.  Dogs want to make people think they are totally loyal.  Cats could care less what people think. 

Have you ever wondered why we keep cats around?  What is their purpose?  

A dog will warn people of intruders.  In fact, a dog will bark incessantly when a speck of dust enters a house 5 miles away.  Cats, on the other hand, will find a warm place and sleep (the valuables are in the bedroom.  I’m going under the bed to sleep, so keep it quiet).

A dog will clean up its own vomit.  A cat wouldn’t even think of such a disgusting act (lackey, I had a hairball some time back; go find it and take care of it).

Dogs can be trained to sit, heel, stay, speak, roll over, etc.  In other words, they’ll obey (except for the command, “stop barking”).  Cats do not “obey”.  Oh, cats will feign “obedience”, but in actuality, they’re simply doing what they please (I chose to sit as it’s the best position to lick those hard to reach places). 

If you drop food on the floor, a dog will nearly break the sound barrier to get it (sometimes they can hear food fall even before you drop it).  To a cat, eating anything that touched the floor is totally undignified (unless it’s alive).

Dogs will happily walk next to or behind you.  Cats always walk in front of you, proudly displaying their butt (so you never forget your real position in the house).

Subconsciously, we know cats have already taken over.  We’re just too proud to admit it.

January 11, 2023 2:25 PM MST

We pretty much neutralized the threat from the dogs.

The threat from the cats needs a little more attention.

I have a high-tech laser weapon.  So far, it hasn’t failed to distract the cats from their evil plans.

January 11, 2023 7:51 PM MST

LoL! Great answer!!! 

~

January 12, 2023 8:37 AM MST

Agreed!
      January 12, 2023 4:43 PM MST

Cats will make me smile more when they sing  :)

My favorite scene in this movie ("Gay Purr-ee")     'Bubbles'

January 12, 2023 5:13 PM MST