Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Finance » Is this like: "Ya the end of the world is coming and I don't want to be here when it happens". True?

Is this like: "Ya the end of the world is coming and I don't want to be here when it happens". True?

The demise of the United States as the global superpower could come far more quickly than anyone imagines. If Washington is dreaming of 2040 or 2050 as the end of the American Century, a more realistic assessment of domestic and global trends suggests that in 2025, just 15 years from now, it could all be over except for the shouting.

Posted - January 14, 2023

Responses

I did think that when I first realised the seriousness and current rate of acceleration of climate change.
    I just didn't want to be around to witness it.
    The intensity of the grief was as bad as any major depression.
    But slowly I adapted and accepted.
    Now, I do what I can to minimise my greenhouse gas footprint - and other than that, adapt for survival and try to enjoy life as best I can while it's still possible.
      January 14, 2023 7:22 AM MST

More sensitive people I surmise are emotionally affected by it. A very smart lawyer in New York  immolated himself in NY. Common in protest of the inaction of the climate crisis.. Adapt and refrain I guess.
    This post was edited by CosmicWunderkind at January 14, 2023 9:03 AM MST
      January 14, 2023 7:28 AM MST

This post was edited by my2cents at January 14, 2023 9:03 AM MST
      January 14, 2023 8:56 AM MST

After the trumpets sound, you either get taken away or you get left behind to endure the global chaos.
      January 14, 2023 9:01 AM MST

If I didn't come from a negative family..uhh I wouldn't have any negative
      January 14, 2023 9:05 AM MST

I do not believe in the rapture, God will protect us.  As long as we do not take the mark we will be OK.  
      January 14, 2023 9:14 AM MST

Prove it! We have proof you don't. About most all of your Republican things actually. But, I don't mess with whatever keeps people happy.
      January 14, 2023 12:38 PM MST

Prove what? That there is no rapture?  Bible clearly says we will be here until the end. That God shortens the time of the Tribulation because if He did not then even the elect would be decieved. So that means the elect are still here on earth. 
    He will seal His people and Satan will not be allowed to harm us.

You either believe the Bible or you don't.  But Bible is clear....His people are here through the end. 
      January 14, 2023 6:38 PM MST

Why not ! My 2cs? There is nothing solid for a basis in anyone's brain so why not just believe in any possible myth of  belief anyways. It's all the same to keep one happy and I don't mess with it. I get weird ideas too like..Science is just too blunt. This post was edited by CosmicWunderkind at January 14, 2023 7:44 PM MST
      January 14, 2023 7:24 PM MST

Well there is a old saying which is "ever dog has its day" and the US days as a super power might be over in the not too distance future. Canada still has the Avro Arrows and the building plans that we were supposed to give back to the US - those puppies can travel at sub sonic speeds so Canada might be the next supper power. Cheers and happy weekend! This post was edited by Nanoose at January 14, 2023 7:21 PM MST
      January 14, 2023 7:02 PM MST

Right so bro!:)
      January 14, 2023 7:44 PM MST