Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Have you ever been catfised?

Have you ever been catfised?

I get catfished on SW a lot. But they can't catch me because I am like that smart old carp in the pond (smart a** that is). Sometimes I like to have a bit of fun with them. A few weeks ago I got a PM from someone claiming to be a 45 year old female. The first message was - Hi how are you? So I replied - I'm fine. The second message was - Good do you like to be tickled? So I replied - I'm not sure because I am from Nigeria royalty and Nigerian royalty aren't ticklish - it is kind of like home English royalty don't sweat. The next message was - you don't look Nigerian. So I said - Well that's because I'm not wearing my Agbada robe or wearing my Nigerian headband. I goof around like that until they figure the catfish aren't biting. Cheers and happy weekend!   

Posted - January 14, 2023

Responses

Actually, I've had a couple PMs on SW that may have been catfishing but my first reply is usually "No thanks!", so I won't know. There are two PMs that I have responded to, one is a disabled young man whose mother had messaged me to find out who her son was chatting with. The young man seems to want nothing from me but to chat every once in a while. The other purports to be a young woman who wants my "motherly" advice. I've been polite to her and listened to her tale of woe, but all she gets from me is practical advice/information. Since I won't engage in her drama, she hasn't been back to me in a while. 

They don't know that I have a decade of experience "chatting" with robo-callers. I get about 4-6 of them a day and a couple of times a week, I pick up the phone to toy with them.
      January 14, 2023 9:28 AM MST

I salute the mom for watching out for who her son is chatting with. I'm not fussy for PMs because I figure why chat with just one person when you could be chatting with lots of people if you post something on the main board. Cheers and happy weekend!
      January 14, 2023 9:58 AM MST

BTW. I am not alright with myself for a while because I didn't get back to your long post about what now I have no idea.Oh yeah. About the pot being moldy or different or eeeyech. I smoke over 2 minths and half and then I realize I can't  breathe as well never mind the sneeze. Time to breathe through my nose to erase the sticky lung syndrome.
    Can you breathe through your nose?Breathing through the nose is the way our bodies were designed. In fact, it’s been said that breathing through your mouth is about as practical as trying to eat through your nose! According to experts, most people breathe at 10-20 percent of their full capacity.
    www.gaiam.com/blogs/discover/breathing-is-believing …
    What are the benefits of nose breathing?1 The nose moisturizes the inhaled air to prevent dryness of the lungs and bronchial tubes. 2 The tiny hairs in your nose filter out pathogens, dust and pollen, and prevents them from getting into your body. 3 Nose breathing activates the parasympathetic nervous system, including the vagus nerve, which reduces stress and anxiety. More items...
    This post was edited by CosmicWunderkind at January 14, 2023 12:39 PM MST
      January 14, 2023 10:12 AM MST

“one is a disabled young man whose mother had messaged me to find out who her son was chatting with”

Wow, he and his mother are still on SW?  I remember him and his mother from EP!  lol   She’s been messaging everybody who chats with her disabled son for a long time now!  Hahahahaha!
      January 14, 2023 10:02 AM MST

I really don't like to chat, but I gave them the benefit of the doubt at first. The young man claims to be 18 y.o. so he could have been around for a while.
      January 14, 2023 10:26 AM MST

I guess I was talking with a nine-year-old on EP then!  No wonder why his mom wanted to know who the women were who were chatting with him!  Hahaha!

I actually miss a lot of the EP trolls, lol.
      January 14, 2023 11:23 AM MST

When you say - Hahaha is it because you figure the mom and son are some kind of weird catfish team. If so and they are catfishing I'm taking my salute back. Cheers and happy weekend!
      January 14, 2023 11:36 AM MST

To be "catfished", doesn't that mean that the "catfish" is looking for some action or reaction from the victim (me)? This person doesn't seem to want anything more than to vent his frustrations with his difficult life. I sometimes commiserate and sometimes try to solicit something more positive from him. That's about it.
      January 14, 2023 11:42 AM MST

Yeah I think that's what it means. It really seems like the guy just wants a ear to talk to. And I think it is cool that you try to solicit something more positive from him - a little bit of positive thinking can do a person a lot of good. Cheers and happy weekend!
      January 14, 2023 12:11 PM MST

It’s hahahaha because if he were 18 when he was on SW, he would’ve been a kid on EP, which is possible. I never got the feeling I was talking to a nine-year-old kid on EP.  Giving him the benefit of the doubt as much as humanly possible, he might have been a kid who lied about his age so he could have an account on EP, which is something I don’t plan to let my own kids do.  Also, somehow Mom always showed up within 15 minutes of chatting with him and she’s been following him online for several years.  Really?  I guess that part is possible.  I’ve heard about moms of disabled kids being overprotective so that could’ve been an extreme case.

This post was edited by Livvie at January 14, 2023 8:59 PM MST
      January 14, 2023 1:17 PM MST

If I remember correctly, the mom showed up after a couple of different days of chat.
      January 14, 2023 5:19 PM MST

Sure. The most memorable is probably when I played "Words with Friends" with a Saudia Arabian prince.  
      January 14, 2023 8:50 PM MST

no but I did a lot of jail baiting when I was a minor, so 
      February 2, 2023 12:15 AM MST