Slartibartfast
Malizz
Zack
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » If you can go home now and relax in relative silence for hours, is it right to feel bad for people going through hell?

If you can go home now and relax in relative silence for hours, is it right to feel bad for people going through hell?

Like struggling to get innocent people fred from false accusations who are in jail?

Posted - January 15

• 12052
    I don't see the point of worrying about events beyond one's control and ability to influence the outcome.
    1

• 1337
    Stuuuuu!!! I heard your voice in my head. Okay Im weird and going to bed. This post was edited by CosmicWunderkind at January 15, 2023 9:38 PM MST
    1

• 2667
    I think it is ok because when a chance to make a positive change in their life comes along you will take the opportunity to be of help. 

This post was edited by Honey Dew at January 15, 2023 9:38 PM MST
    3

• 420
    Most of us have gone through our own little portion of hell. When we get a chance to relax in relative comfort, it serves no purpose to dwell on things that you can do nothing about. That doesn't mean that we never think of social inequities and other people's troubles. There are times appropriate for that also.
    2

• 9551
    Well it is right to feel bad for people that are going through hell but you shouldn't do it in relative silence because it is a waste of thirsty ears. Right now I am watching a documentary called Doug and Slugs and me. It is about Doug Bennett, leader of the legendary 1980s Canadian party band Doug and the slugs. They had many way cool songs that I think you would enjoy and to start I highly recommend their song - Makin' It Work. Cheers!
    0