Active Now

Malizz
Randy D
Danilo_G
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Could this be the final nail in the politico coffin of George Santos ( alias Kitara Ravache)?

Could this be the final nail in the politico coffin of George Santos ( alias Kitara Ravache)?

According to journalist Marisa Kabas - as a teen living in Brazil, Santos enjoyed drag, participated in at least one drag show, and went by the name Kitara Ravache. I have no problem with that but I bet the GOP does. They didn't seem to mind him lying or ripping off veterans but they will draw the line at drag queens because they  are strongly against that kind of stuff. Cheers!

Posted - January 20, 2023

Responses

The GOP LOVES liars.  They kissed the ring of trump.
      January 20, 2023 12:01 PM MST

As long as he votes the way McCarthy wants, it's all good with the GOP.
      January 20, 2023 1:11 PM MST

As it is with the Dems, that is the way it is in politics.  
    Which lying Dems have they told to resign??
      January 21, 2023 5:58 PM MST

George Santos should do Drag Queen Story Hour.

Tell us about that time you worked for NASA and saved the world from an incoming asteroid!
      January 20, 2023 1:12 PM MST

It was on the day that I buried my mother for the third time. My NASA team spotted a huge asteroid heading for earth so I took out the mirror from my purse and reflected sunlight onto the tail of a near by comet. That caused the ice on the comets tail to melt which caused a diurnal temperature variation in space and it slowed down the asteroid. But it wasn't enough to stop the asteroid. So I climbed up on the NASA roof and when the asteroid got close enough I punched it which shattered the asteroid into a billion harmless pieces and saved the world. Cheers and happy weekend! This post was edited by Nanoose at January 29, 2023 9:13 AM MST
      January 28, 2023 3:17 PM MST

Liar liar panties on fire. 
      January 20, 2023 3:50 PM MST

Will be up to the voters in his district.  They voted him in...they will have to decide if they will vote him out.
      January 20, 2023 5:41 PM MST

I recall reading somewhere yesterday that the GOP has admitted it will not take any action against Santos because they don't want to lose his vote.  They have finally admitted that party is more important to them than country,  
      January 21, 2023 8:03 AM MST

Which lying Dem did Pelsoi and co ever tell to resign?
      January 21, 2023 6:00 PM MST

Al Franken

January 22, 2023 8:01 AM MST

Thank you I forgot about him, it was in pictures...they could not defend it. 

Now, how about the liars currently in office? 

January 22, 2023 10:04 AM MST

I don't even know the names of most of them, but I'm sure they're all liars. This post was edited by SavvyAnsley at January 27, 2023 4:58 PM MST
      January 22, 2023 2:58 PM MST

Yes. But accepted liars in the Dem party.  Why because they vote with the Dem party. 
    So why would the Rep be expected to throw theirs out? Just playing politics...
      January 22, 2023 6:15 PM MST

Liars are tolerant of lying, I guess. 

Most Republicans I know are at least moderately intolerant of the LGBTQ community, hence this drag queen past may not be well-received. I think that's the point of the original question. Everyone knows politicians lie. 
      January 27, 2023 4:46 PM MST

So a stereotype about Republicans.  

As long as Santos was not doing a drag show in front of children...no one cares. 

Does not matter what the rest of the county thinks, only one district's opinion counts. They will either vote for him again or not. 
    Personally. I am surprised a Rep got elected in NY at all. 
      January 27, 2023 6:50 PM MST

Did I type "The Republicans" or even "Republicans"? No. I wrote "Most Republicans I know". See the difference? 

I didn't even know who this Santos person is, until you mentioned NY. I cited an example of Democrats pressuring one of their own to resign for poor past behavior and you thanked me, agreeing that you mistyped. 

The idea that Republican politicians lie less than Democratic ones is laughable. Your use of "lying Dem" is inflammatory and offensive. As you well know, that is your intention.  
      January 28, 2023 7:20 AM MST

Most/the/etc.....it is still a stereotype.  (Again context is what matters)

Lying Dem in the context I am using....is about what Dem in office right now, are the rest of the Dems going to ask to resign?  
    Frankin was asked to resign but not for lying. He was being a perv towards a sleeping woman, and there where pictures to prove it. He did not lie and deny it. He just resigned. 

There are current Congress members in the Dem party who have lied about their life experiences.   No Dem (in office) has called for any of their resignations.    That is who and what I mean by "Lying Dems." 
      January 28, 2023 8:00 AM MST

You're reiterating the desperate need for education about generalizing, stereotyping, person first language and language in general. 

Liars are tolerant of lying and hypocrites are apparently tolerant of hypocrisy, too. 
    Enjoy your day. 

January 28, 2023 8:47 AM MST

I never refer to the Dems as the voters.  I talk about the people in office...they are the ones who hold the power.  And if you follow the conversation the topic of Lying Dems or Reps never switches to the voters.  Topic of the OP is lying Rep Santos (he is in office...not his voters), I asked about lying Dems (topic is still in office or former office holders...not the voters)  
    I am not making a stereotype about those Dems...I am talking about specific Dems who are still in office with a history of lying about themselves.  Who no other Dem in office is demanding they resign for their lies. 
      January 28, 2023 1:54 PM MST

I used the water displacement method to find the volume and heaviness of the lies told by Republican and Democrat  politicians in office. The republican lies were way more heavy and way more dangerous. Cheers and happy weekend!    
      January 28, 2023 2:51 PM MST

How scientific of you. :)
      January 28, 2023 4:14 PM MST

George Santos isn't going anywhere...............unfortunately!
      January 22, 2023 11:09 AM MST

Where he SAYS he’s going will probably be a lot more interesting.  I can’t wait to hear the stories he’ll tell about where he’s been!
      January 28, 2023 7:32 PM MST

Yesterday after a meeting with the House Speaker - George Santos announced that he will be stepping down from the 2 committee chairs he is on. And I bet he was asked to step down because of the drag queen thingy. So now I am hoping that a photo will surface of Donald Trump wearing a Floral Pattern moo moo dress and the Republicans will not want anything to do with him anymore. Cheers!
      February 1, 2023 1:33 PM MST