Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Will there be Drag Queen Story Hour in Heaven?

Will there be Drag Queen Story Hour in Heaven?

Posted - January 21, 2023

Responses

Sure as long as there is someone who's idea of heaven is there will be a drag green story hour. Then there will be a drag green story hour waiting for them when they make it to heaven (as long as a drag green isn't a bad thing). I don't know what a drag green is. Cheers and happy weekend! 
      January 21, 2023 6:43 PM MST

I edited my question.  AutoCorrect struck again without me noticing. 
      January 21, 2023 7:10 PM MST

Well were ever there is a question that people think is dumb I will be there to answer it. Cheers and happy weekend! 
      January 21, 2023 7:38 PM MST

Great!  I’ll try to think up more dumb questions for you to answer.
      January 22, 2023 9:09 PM MST

Hi Nanoose! Long time no talk. Howya doing? Happy Monday!
      January 23, 2023 6:46 AM MST

Is heaven really a thing?
      January 21, 2023 8:09 PM MST

It’s possible, but if consciousness transfers to another another dimension after death, Heaven and Hell would be a pretty crappy system, IMO.  

My mom gave me a book from a Christian author about what Heaven is like.  Spoiler alert: It doesn’t sound that great.

January 22, 2023 9:08 PM MST

How did that author know what heaven is like?
      January 22, 2023 9:34 PM MST

I don’t know, but if he’s right, the afterlife is pretty depressing.
      January 22, 2023 9:39 PM MST

I'll have to disagree with him. I'm one of those people that has had a "near death experience". During an episode of syncope, I went to a place where an unseen entity (angel?) spoke to me while guiding me to a group of people in the distance. He (?) said, "They're waiting for you." That's when I regained consciousness. There was nothing unpleasant about it.
      January 22, 2023 10:46 PM MST

Wow, this sure turned into a serious discussion on a totally unserious question, lol.

It’s been a while since I read the book.  I don’t even remember who wrote it, but the point of his book was to make Heaven sound like this wonderful place.  Unfortunately, the author didn’t realize he made it sound crappy.  I gave the book back to Mom.  She doesn’t understand why the book was so depressing to me.  It was supposed to make me get excited about Heaven and make me change my ways so I’ll want to go there.

Here are some of the things he said about it:

People will keep their names in Heaven, unless you were named after someone like Karl Marx, then you would get a new name.  That means my husband is losing interest already.  My hubby hates his first name and he hates the way his first and middle name sound together even more, so he goes by his last name.

In Heaven, there won’t be marriage but you’ll still have a special relationship with your pre-death spouse, assuming your pre-death spouse even made it to Heaven.  That means my single friends lost interest in going to Heaven already.  I saw a Forever Alone rage comic that addresses this claim.  I wish I could find it, lol.  It was hilarious.

You’ll have a job in Heaven.  The author didn’t say if there will be any room for career advancement so I’ll just assume there isn’t, which will really suck for the afterlife equivalent of fast food workers and rest area janitors, and it’ll go on for eternity.

The author said that in Heaven, not everyone will have equal things.  Basically, there will be inequality in Heaven.  He did, however, point out that there will be complete equality in Hell.

This is where I start to lose him philosophically. If there’s complete equality in Hell, that would make it less hell, but if there’s inequality in Heaven, that would mean that some people are going to experience hell in Heaven, so the whole argument breaks down.

No, I don’t know which Bible verses he used to make some of his claims. This post was edited by Livvie at January 29, 2023 10:15 PM MST
      January 29, 2023 9:07 PM MST

Even after that near death experience, I didn't learn much about where I was or what it was like. Certainly not enough to write a book. An afterlife is something I want to believe in. For those who don't believe, that's also a choice. No one can tell us what it's actually like. One of my favorite songs is "There Will Be Peace In The Valley", that's my image. I hurt no one with this belief.
      January 29, 2023 9:40 PM MST

I choose to believe in nature without anything imaginary or supernatural. No heaven or hell, just death. Boring and scary, perhaps, but rational.
      January 22, 2023 9:50 PM MST

Nope.
      January 22, 2023 5:09 AM MST

If there isn’t Drag Queen Story Hour in Heaven, or any other possible post-life dimension, then I guess I better put it on my bucket list.

Oh, this Drag Queen Story Hour could get interesting.  Things may get out of hand. 

This post was edited by Livvie at January 23, 2023 6:46 AM MST
      January 22, 2023 10:20 PM MST

Should do anything that is on your bucket list before your physical body dies. But make it is nothing prevents you from getting into Heaven. 
      January 23, 2023 8:17 AM MST

How do you know and why not?
      January 22, 2023 10:29 PM MST

Because the Bible says men shall wear men's clothing and vise versa. That eliminates drag shows or story hour. 
    The question is about Heaven so that makes it a Biblical question. Only Abraham religions refer to the afterlife as Heaven. This post was edited by my2cents at January 23, 2023 7:59 AM MST
      January 23, 2023 6:46 AM MST

Maybe. Drag is an art form that dates back to the ancient Roman days. And maybe Socrates is the one that gives the drag queen hour readings in heaven. Cheers! This post was edited by Nanoose at January 22, 2023 8:56 PM MST
      January 22, 2023 7:43 AM MST

I wonder which books he’ll read.  I know!  He can do Mad Libs!  We can all play along!

This post was edited by Livvie at January 29, 2023 10:16 PM MST
      January 22, 2023 9:35 PM MST

Maybe he will read the one about how the handsome Prince Banoose saved the Kingdom by having a drag queen pick up his evil half sisters boyfriend. After that the evil half sister was too embarrassed to show her face in the Semonal house again and everybody lived happily ever after. Cheers!  
      January 23, 2023 5:05 AM MST

Did the evil half-sister get banished to Windsor, ON? 
      January 23, 2023 12:05 PM MST

Even worse than Windsor she got banished to Kingston Ontario. Not much to do in Kingston besides watching the corn grow. Cheers! This post was edited by Nanoose at January 28, 2023 7:36 PM MST
      January 23, 2023 2:42 PM MST

Why the future tense? How do you know there isn't one already?
      January 29, 2023 10:17 PM MST