Active Now

Gino LOLobrigida
ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Questions » Legal » What do you think of Trumps deffence stradagy?

What do you think of Trumps deffence stradagy?

In a 3000 page court filing Trump argues that New York can't sue the Trump Organization because it doesn't legally exist. I think it is a clutching at straws type of defence and in the long run the Trump Organization will have to pay the $2.5 million fine. Cheers!

Posted - January 27, 2023

Responses

I thought Trump decided to withdraw his suit.  Of course, there are so many of them that I can't keep track of which one that might be.
      January 27, 2023 12:35 PM MST

He has dropped 2 suits that were about the election results. This one is about mis use of funds in the Trump organization. The CEO of the Trump organization is now serving time on Rikers Island so I bet he thinks the Trump organization exists. Cheers!
      January 27, 2023 12:42 PM MST

After I replied to your post, I was reading the paper and realized that the lawsuit you referenced was an entirely new one.  How many times does that mope have to be shot down before he gives up?
      January 27, 2023 3:03 PM MST

Not sure what the final number will be but we can add one more to the tally. A judge just denied Trumps request to end a suit filled by the family of a police officer that was killed at the Jan. 6th insurrection.. Cheers!
      January 27, 2023 3:47 PM MST

It would appear that the judiciary has finally realized what a scoundrel is Trump and they are finally making smart and fair decisions.
      January 29, 2023 9:26 AM MST

If NY is going to sue a business(es) then they must sue the actual business.  If their are more than one involved then they must list them separately as individual defendants. 

ie. If there are several businesses in a mall (advertised as Mall of America), and you want to sue all of them for an injury.  The suit cannot simply "Mall of America" if there is no organization with that legal name that represents all of the businesses as a co-op. The plaintiff would need to list each business separately, because "Mall of American" does not exist.  This post was edited by my2cents at January 29, 2023 2:23 PM MST
      January 29, 2023 2:16 PM MST