Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Music » Have you like I from since it's reception thought White Rabbit by Jefferson Airplane was sung Feed Your Head and not Keep Your Head?

Have you like I from since it's reception thought White Rabbit by Jefferson Airplane was sung Feed Your Head and not Keep Your Head?

52 solid years of Feed Your Head 

Posted - February 6, 2023

Responses

It's not 'Feed Your head'?I will have to go back and resing that one a few times for all the times I had it wrong.
      February 6, 2023 5:17 PM MST

Remember what the door mouse said
    Feed your head
    Feed your head
      February 6, 2023 5:21 PM MST

Not sure about this but maybe it was originally feed your head but the Moral Majority claimed it was promoting drugs so Jefferson Airplane had to change it to Keep Your Head so they could get airplay. The moral majority was a society that was founded by Mary Long and they kind of dictated what songs could be played on the radio. If you want to learn more about Mary Long and the moral majority I highly recommend the song Mary Long by Deep Purple. Cheers!
      February 6, 2023 5:45 PM MST

Feed or Keep....that song is about drugs.

In the US,  the Moral Majority leader was Jerry Falwell.

You do know that her name was not actually Mary Long, right? There was a woman but her name was Mary Whitehouse.   This post was edited by my2cents at February 7, 2023 12:37 PM MST
      February 6, 2023 7:05 PM MST

I think her married name was Mary Whitehouse. In the deep Purple song they call her Mary Long for some reason. Cheers!
      February 6, 2023 7:50 PM MST

No, her name was never Long (married or maiden).  It does say how they came up with the name Long but I will let you Google it.
      February 7, 2023 8:04 AM MST

I believe it is Feed your Head. 
      February 6, 2023 7:09 PM MST

Never. I knew it was “feed your head,” even as stoned as I was when listening to it!
      February 6, 2023 8:14 PM MST

Haven't heard it for many moons.  Right now I'm trying to get "Golden Hour," to take a back row in my thoughts. This song gives me goosebumps, I enjoy all the different versions that the public also sings of it.  
      February 7, 2023 3:56 AM MST