Active Now

Malizz
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » May someone actually be very correct to say the precipice of the false me too movement has left many men emotionally disturbed?

May someone actually be very correct to say the precipice of the false me too movement has left many men emotionally disturbed?

'You should be a strong guy and let those ignorant women get over in you unless you are a weak crybaby of a guy because they gave you a death sentence for not being able to get back in the apartment with a key so who is with me?
Who am I going to side with: the callous women or you?
It was bad. He was like cry pleading with me sympathize after they gave him a wicked hard time only because they can. Please please. I didn't mean to do it. Oh God meh!

Posted - April 24, 2023

Responses

Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. Sure, a lot of disgruntled exes tweeted "#metoo" to get back at their former partners, or to besmirch the reputations of men with whom they held a grudge, but a sweeping majority of them were legit. Rich leches have been groping, sexually harassing, molesting and outright raping powerless women and children for time out of mind. It was well past time for the victims to stand up and be counted.
    Incidentally, because many people still refer to the octothorpe as "pound", couldn't that particular hashtag have been construed as an invitation? "Pound Me Too"?
      April 24, 2023 8:50 PM MDT

I felt so bad for that poor crying guy at the house door that I should have made him my friend he looked so lonely. Yeah, it goes both ways. That feminism has destroyed America is very real and started with Billy Jean King beating Bobby Rigs about 1975. A topic for another day but you should have seen that poor sucker with his eyebrows raised and voice quavering have pity on me. They went after poor Ben Affleck too and now he is Ben Afflict. Man! Italians!
    In tennis, "Battle of the Sexes" describes various exhibition matches played between a man and a woman, or a doubles match between two men and two women in one case. The term is most famously used for an internationally televised match in 1973 held at the Houston Astrodome between 55-year-old Bobby Riggs and 29-year-old Billie Jean King,[4] which King won in three sets.[2][5] The match was viewed by an estimated fifty million people in the United States and ninety million worldwide.[6] King's win is considered a milestone in public acceptance of women's tennis. This post was edited by CosmicWunderkind at April 24, 2023 9:37 PM MDT
      April 24, 2023 9:31 PM MDT

So Harvey Weinstein, Bill Cosby, Rolf Harris, R Kelly and especially Jeffrey Epstein (among others) should have just been allowed to get away with it? Trump too - his wife was actually giving birth to his son when he was carrying on with Stormy Daniels.
      April 24, 2023 9:37 PM MDT

Right! Not at all. Judge. Court. Hey! Billy Jean King 29 and Bobby Riggs 55. But, this is still Miss-ichusetts. If you are not guilty you have nothing to worry about but fear itself. This post was edited by CosmicWunderkind at April 24, 2023 9:43 PM MDT
      April 24, 2023 9:40 PM MDT

The Moffit/Riggs thing was a furphy, if she really wanted to prove anything she would have played Bjorn Borg. I seriously doubt she'd have won that. Margaret Court just may have had the touch to beat Ilie Nastase. Tennis isn't all about power, finesse counts too which is why 42-year-old Norman Brookes was able to take prime Bill Tilden to five LONG sets (the tie-breaker hadn't been invented). This post was edited by Slartibartfast at April 25, 2023 9:14 AM MDT
      April 24, 2023 10:08 PM MDT