Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » LapTop going slow, how to I get the LapTop to go faster now?

LapTop going slow, how to I get the LapTop to go faster now?

My LapTop is running real slow as I was opened-up & do things on internet web pages, or played other app programs.
What things I may have to do on my LapTop that's now, to get my LapTop, for it to (kind of) speed things and programs up as I'm doing things on the LapTop?

Posted - October 12, 2023

Responses

My laptop is old and tends to freeze. After a few years, you are as well trading up. 
      October 13, 2023 3:44 AM MDT

Or can you tell of anything that I would just do on LapTop, rather I'm opening & play the Find the Difference game App, or opening up a website & Google some images to look at, or YouTube & search some videos to watch.
    I would just use my old LapTop until it's not working no more, (or until it completely broke down).
      October 13, 2023 4:41 PM MDT

Feed the mice.
      October 13, 2023 10:37 AM MDT

Don't like that answer! My LapTop-have problems, & it would be really important for my LapTop to get help with doing other fixing for mine.
      October 13, 2023 7:17 PM MDT

You're always expecting people on here to solve your problems.  How about Googling it for yourself if you don't like my answer.
      October 14, 2023 10:47 AM MDT

Maybe can try just tell what just to do-then I do on my LapTop(By commands).
    Maybe like 'click on specific icon-in the computer', 'click in specific box to type what word & enter in to', 'What key or command to push-just on my LapTop's keyboard', then I will try read & try following that (of whatever you tell to do here) !
    It's just about anything to try do to just get the LapTop go any faster-just that for now
      October 14, 2023 11:10 AM MDT

I will now see what I can find from Google to search to the specific brand of my LapTop, but it may not be satisfied, & may not find all that I need for just my LapTop - speed, then if that situation, I don't know if I may then have to keep searching around in Google(If didn't find it yet).
      October 14, 2023 11:14 AM MDT

That's the spirit - try researching on your own and then, if you can't find the answer, ask for help.
      October 14, 2023 11:33 AM MDT

OK-Yes!
      October 14, 2023 4:09 PM MDT

Huh??? 
      October 13, 2023 12:47 PM MDT

We need to know a lot more stuff to answer this.

What’s your OS?

What year‘s your laptop?

Is all of your software up-to-date?

Did you run a virus/malware scan?

How much storage/space do you have left?

October 14, 2023 3:14 PM MDT

Maybe just tell me what (other) commands to try for me to do on my LapTop(?)

List example of OS - Will that be "Operating System"?
    Will just tell you the name of my LapTop right away: 'Intel CORE i3'

Don't really know what year I bought this LapTop, but I think it been more than 5 years, & I don't think I would install another virus protection (CD) if the LapTop is that old.

I don't think I updated the/any software recently.

& I may tell you the whole thing of this LapTop's storage space: My LapTop Intel CORE i3 have maximum of 917 GB, & there's 489 GB of storage space left, but I think that's still really a lot of memory it said it have in it!

October 14, 2023 4:20 PM MDT

We know storage isn’t the problem now.
      October 14, 2023 11:10 PM MDT

I just finished the current update on the LapTop.
    Okay, & anything you can tell to do just by using mouse & keyboard that I will do on LapTop with it now?
      October 15, 2023 7:03 AM MDT

Yeah-right!
      October 15, 2023 4:51 PM MDT

I don't know if I should now delete the (other) stuff that I don't really need, or/and that I will not really be using, that I have in the LapTop now?

Then may have to tell me how to update the software

Anything that you try doing on your iPhone or computer to try make your iPhone or computer go faster?
      October 14, 2023 4:24 PM MDT