Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Danilo_G
my2cents
Element 99
DannyPetti
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Just thinking aloud here... so bear with me.. what if Trump's grandfather who was German was born in communist Germany?

Just thinking aloud here... so bear with me.. what if Trump's grandfather who was German was born in communist Germany?

Now I am not saying anything is or isnt so here.. just postulating and thinking.. about America's new found cosiness with their old enemy Russia... and it's only under Trump that this is possible apparently according to the Russians.. and we know Russia supported Trump, wanted him to win so much that they tried, (and maybe suceeded) to rig the elections.. And we are told that it was Russians that leaked the emails that set Clinton back under investigation... at a time funny enough when it would most damage her campaign. . Why isnt anyone asking HOW the Russians got the emails in the first place.. IF they did.. if they didn't make it up....

SO all this is puzzling me.. trying to understand it all and make sense of it... 

So just an idea, no accusations of course.. but I am finding it very strange - why do the Russians specifically want Trump.... why are they supporting him...will there be repercussions for America....

Posted - November 29, 2016

Responses

Hello D:

With Trump driving the car, our demise is assured.  I dunno where the killing blow will come from.

With Trump in his back pocket, Putin knows that he can take over the Baltics with NO interference from the US..  Europe is next.

Join the resistance..

excon
      November 29, 2016 9:23 AM MST

The word is "coziness", but that's beside the point. I don't see how his dead grandfather and where he was or was not born would have had any impact on anything.
      November 29, 2016 9:30 AM MST

• Ahem, polite and respectful British cough here... the word is cosy. .. lol never attempt to tell a Brit how to spell  because we invented the language.. you just erm *converted* it   

And me, i wasn't suggesting anything... and I said so... but human nature being what it is there's often an inherent fondness of one's ancestry so sympathy with Russia and/or communist ideology wouldn't be unthinkable... under the circumstances..... after all we know that our friend Trump is exceedingly fond of Scotland, because his mother was Scottish.. that's how it goes..
      November 29, 2016 3:13 PM MST

When was Germany a communist country?
      November 29, 2016 9:51 AM MST

I'm guessing she means when East Germany was controlled by the Soviet Union, from 1949 until 1989 or 90.  When I traveled through that part of the country on a military train as a kid, we were stopped by jack-booted soldiers with big guns. The wall with barbed wire,  armed watch towers, and memorials for the many who died trying to get over it was a very sobering sight.  This post was edited by Piper at November 29, 2016 3:14 PM MST
      November 29, 2016 10:45 AM MST

I actually didn't think of that.  I think that way back when Trump's father was born, there was only one Germany.  I took a day trip to East Germany many years ago and it was chilling, to say the least.  Because we were on a guided tour, they only showed us the areas they wanted us to see, but I will not forget the tall watch towers with rifles trained at us when we left.  I can't remember if we entered through the Brandenburg Gate or Checkpoint Charlie and left through the other exit. This post was edited by SpunkySenior at November 29, 2016 11:43 AM MST
      November 29, 2016 11:03 AM MST

You are surely right about that. Trump's father, and certainly grandfather, had to have been born long before there was any "communist Germany".  Yeah....it was chilling for me, just looking over there from West Berlin, and seeing the guns trained on us. 
      November 29, 2016 12:28 PM MST

My grandfather was born in Germany.  Is anyone shocked?
      November 29, 2016 4:38 PM MST

I don't think it makes any difference, tbh. Donald Trump (or Drumpf, if you like) is American. His main focus is the US and making it, quote, "great again". His biggest problem outside of the US is going after ISIS. Yes, the Russians like him. Of course they do. He appeals to their right-wing mentality. It doesn't mean he's the same as them tho. The Klu Klux Klan love him also. But it doesn't mean he's the same as them also. 
      November 29, 2016 5:41 PM MST