Discussion » Questions » Recreation » What do you do for fun?

What do you do for fun?

I am looking for ideas.  I had fun when I was a kid but I forgot how.  Please don't say dancing.  That's not an option for me.  I'm physically able but I just don't get it.

Posted - December 16, 2016

Responses

I like outside activities, but I know it isn't for everyone, and right now the weather prevents it where I live.  I'm enjoying participating more here on AM while listening to music lately, my job is usually pretty fun, too, so that helps. I play with my dogs and sometimes just go for a drive and enjoy the scenery and take photos. You might think about trying to volunteer somewhere, I think that's fun. Just try some things and see what you enjoy. I wish I had time to do all the things I find fun! Good luck!
      December 16, 2016 7:07 PM MST

Thanks Ansley.  I like outdoor stuff too.  We went camping a few weeks ago and that was fun but you can't do that all the time and it's a lot of work too.  I think I'll try surfing and fishing again. Oh, and I do volunteer every week at a local support group.
      December 16, 2016 7:58 PM MST

• I'm learning to play penny whistle and ocarina.  I love to cook. I read a lot.
      December 16, 2016 8:09 PM MST

Well sometimes when I feel like goofing around I'll untie one of the extra long laces on my work boots then start walking down the sidewalk with the lace flopping around. Eventually some one will stop me and say excuse me but your lace s untied and I'll say - I know this is my way of living dangerous and getting an adrenalin rush. Cheers! 
      December 16, 2016 9:01 PM MST

reading
    parachuting
    sky diving
    hiking
    board games
    rock climbing
    dancing

Only four of those are true.  ;)
      December 16, 2016 9:28 PM MST

• Some of these are things I do - some not (no access to snow.)

Invite a friend to the beach on in good weather. Dig a giant hole and take turns burying each other up to the neck - then have a swim to wash off the sand.
    Build sand castles and sculptures. Collect sea shells and make them into arrangements at home

In cold weather, visit a snowy hillside - go tobogganing on a garbage bag.

When people are out walking their dogs, ask the owner for permission to play rough and tumble games.

When happy, sing songs in public and enjoy watching people's reactions.

Buy a bunch of flowers and give them to some random person in passing. Watch their facial expression.

Take up Tango or Latin dance classes.

Learn a musical instrument (or voice or drums) and join in jam sessions with friends.

Take a class in life drawing or a craft.

Join a debating club or philosophy group.

Watch Billy Conelly, the Two Ronnies, John Cleese, Marty Phelpman, Mr Bean...

I love reading and writing.

I enjoy aM.

Watch Billy Conelly, the Two Ronnies, John Cleese, Marty Phelpman, Mr Bean...

Remember what you most enjoyed doing as a boy, and try it again.

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at December 17, 2016 12:08 AM MST
      December 16, 2016 10:11 PM MST

I play online games, preferably big multiplayer games where you 'live' in a large virtual world.
    Up to about 30 years ago I also windsurfed, Fun, but at my age it is now too cold.
      December 16, 2016 11:40 PM MST

• "Driving" ... but only using two wheels to do it isn't for every one.

August 23, 2017 12:19 AM MDT