SpunkySenior
Just Asking
pearl
CLURT
goody2shoos
delavan
willie
SA (SuperA)
Judas Goat
Zack - Mr. GenXer
Adaydreambeliever
timothysknickers
Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » Why do they make annoying wax paper holding the cereal in cereal box so you can't pull open the corner edges to make a hole for pouring?

Why do they make annoying wax paper holding the cereal in cereal box so you can't pull open the corner edges to make a hole for pouring?

Most all other cereal you can pull the corner edges open but no I had to grab a pair of scissors. A tool! Natures Promise raisin bran wax paper nightmare!

Posted - January 7

• 9106
    not sure why, maybe they just like to annoy people
    2

• 2335
    Probably to ensure freshness because wax paper is more impermeable to moisture than cardboard.
    Wax coated paper can compost down, whereas plastic never degrades and becomes a problem in the environment.

2

•  Great idea!

0

• 2459
    terrible stuff that
    which cannot be opened
    no matter what we seem to do.
    1

• 2465
    Having been a mechanic and motorcycle racer in the past, I have a very powerful two finger grip that allows me to easily open those damn cereal wax paper envelopes. 
    1

• 1147
    Very good point.  I have designed the bag to be more user friendly.  
    If they pay me, the design is theirs. 
    2

• Hahaha is that taking a discounted sticker item and putting on a standard price item..if the price is righ t than it OK?
    0

• 2556
    I like when the bag is stuck to the bottom of the box so I can give it a yank, bottom tears open and cereal falls out. Then I can do same with another box dump all into one box, close the top and get two boxes of cereal for the price of one. 

Grocery shopping can be fun!
    1

• Hahaha is that taking a discounted sticker item and putting on a standard price item..j?
    0

• 2556
    Would be I guess but stuff is mostly scanned now so you have to be innovative to get stuff at a discount now.
    1

• I thought that too so bullshitters will be bullshitters!
    0

• 1559
    I often struggle with that too!  Isn't that annoying?  Grrrr....
    1