ALF
JakobA
Salt and Red Pepper
ally
Strange1
Malizz
marisa
Shar to the Rona
Zack - Mr. GenXer
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Random Knowledge » Do unhappy questions make you unhappy?

Do unhappy questions make you unhappy?

Posted - January 10

• 2378
    Nope. They make me think, and I enjoy thinking.
    3

• 6025
    That's nice,but I shy away from things which make me sad;))
    1

• 2378
    Having have several major depressions in my life, I've had to learn which things to face and which to avoid.
    A negative emotion can be an indicator of a need, for instance is a fear is realistic it indicates a need to take action to ensure safety, but if it is unrealistic, say, a conditioned reaction from something in the past with no bearing on the present, then it requires a different response, such as deep breathing and self comfort and self reassurance.
    I did find that during those times it was good for me to avoid documentaries about sad or difficult matters, and to avoid dwelling on things that pulled me further down hill.
    I discovered that balance is an extremely useful thing. If too much of something, leave it for a while and attend to something positive or useful.
    1

• 2490
    I do too.  I like talking about issues that make me think.
    0

• 6091
    What would be an unhappy question?
    0

• 17416
    Depends a lot on my mood, and the emotions the particular question make me feel in the moment I read it. I think most of all I am feeling the sadness that might be behind the question, and my sadness is addressed to the person asking their question.
    0

• 13102
    sometimes, depends on what the question is
    0

• Of course not. It's not my unhappiness and if I can help I will, if I can't I stay out of them, and if it's just somebody who likes to complain I pass it over. 

At some time in my life I may have had an empathy bypass. 
    2

• 3872
    No, tey don't.
    1

• 20605
    Sometimes they aggravate me which pisses me off and makes me react and that makes me happy for a moment until I realize I am being a total ass about it which makes me unhappy.
    1

• 2490
    Not at all.  Serious and sometimes depressing subject matter actually makes me feel more reflective.  I don't mind sharing some of my experiences, especially if it helps just one person not feel so alone.  
    0