Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Environment » What % of your re-cyclables do you do so?

What % of your re-cyclables do you do so?

Posted - January 17, 2017

Responses

99%
      January 17, 2017 2:42 PM MST

• Not sure, of the things we can recycle, pretty close to all. I've tried to compost organic waste, but the dang dog keeps digging in it. A lot easier since they gave us bigger recycle bins. Those cardboard boxes accumulate fast, especially around the holidays. We try and reuse wherever possible to get double duty out of things we toss.
      January 17, 2017 2:49 PM MST

• Everything! Paper, plastic and glass and another container for green waste. I recycle everything that should be!
      January 17, 2017 2:55 PM MST

zero
      January 18, 2017 1:45 AM MST

I would say 98%.
      January 18, 2017 7:39 AM MST

Not sure about percentage but certainly most of it. It's easy enough - one bin for waste-paper/ thin cardboard, most plastics used for food packing, metals and glass; the other for mixed household waste that can't be salvaged.

Also a third bin for food waste but I've never used it. I don't waste food - inedible bits of fruit and veg go on the compost heap or, if occasional very small amounts, in the ordinary rubbish.

It's easy too, to dispose of larger items in the local council skip yards, though they have started charging for certain types of waste.
      February 13, 2017 3:07 PM MST