Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Politics » I notice that right wingers HATE unions. Do they HATE the police union too?

I notice that right wingers HATE unions. Do they HATE the police union too?

Posted - January 18, 2017

Responses

I don't have a problem with unions in the private sector, I do have a problem with the public unions. Most time, places they negotiate with the same people they help elect. The MTA just got a raise, now the fares will rise.
      January 18, 2017 6:34 AM MST

Hello not:

I agree.. 

Only my example is a little different..  Our police union defends cops who ASSAULT unarmed black people.  A couple of cops JUST got away with it again, so we can look forward to MORE of it..

excon
      January 18, 2017 6:48 AM MST

They will defend them to a point. Bad cops do get caught and go to jail, or don't you think so?
      January 18, 2017 7:37 AM MST

Hello again, not:

I suspect you BELIEVE that BAD teachers are left ON the payroll because of their union.  Why wouldn't the same be true of police unions??

excon
      January 18, 2017 7:45 AM MST

All unions try to protect their members. All bad workers should be fired. Why are you just attacking the police union?
      January 18, 2017 8:37 AM MST

Hello again, not:

Well, when the police union forces the city to keep a bad cop on, people DIE..  When the teachers union forces the city to keep a bad teacher on, somebody stays STUPID.. 

I'm no friend of public sector unions..  But, if you hate the teachers union, you should hate the police union for the very same reasons..  Vise versa.   You came pretty close.. 

excon This post was edited by excon at January 18, 2017 9:43 AM MST
      January 18, 2017 9:41 AM MST

I think they look the other way and forget about those unions. Ever since 9/11 the police and fire departments are gods that can do no wrong.
      January 18, 2017 7:54 AM MST

@excon, I came pretty close to what? I said unions protect bad workers, bad workers should be fired. 
      January 18, 2017 7:29 PM MST

I think unions who defend workers who deserve to be fired are wrong. Regardless if it is the police, teachers , factory or whatever. They know if the worker is crap. And they defend them anyway. 
    They defend the teacher who had sex with a student. They defend the crooked cop. They defend the worker who is late and calls in sick all the time. They force the company to keep a job not needed. (Car company still had someone for horse shoes at time of bail out. Hostess could not deliver their snack cakes on the same truck as their bread)
    Unions get power hungry. And quit putting the workers first.
      January 18, 2017 8:34 PM MST