Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Trump is investigating ME. Don't snitch me off, but I'm registered to vote in THREE states. OMG!!!

Trump is investigating ME. Don't snitch me off, but I'm registered to vote in THREE states. OMG!!!

Hello:

It's true.  I moved.  What I DIDN'T do, is take myself OFF the voter rolls of the state I left..  When you move, you take yourself off, don't you??  I should be ashamed of myself...

excon

Posted - January 26, 2017

Responses

You will be fine as long as you only voted once.

January 26, 2017 6:17 AM MST

It's quite possible that he voted in all three states, even if it wasn't really him casting a vote in tow of those states. I suspect that THAT'S the kind of voter fraud that will be in the investigative cross-hairs.
      January 26, 2017 6:47 AM MST

Yes, yes you should be ashamed.
      January 26, 2017 6:45 AM MST

Hello again, Red:

Oh, I AM,  I'm a VERY BAD person..

excon
      January 26, 2017 6:53 AM MST

Good morning excon.

The only way there could be voter fraud in your situation is if someone figured out you moved and voted under your name at one of your old addresses.  Since we both know that assuming your identity doesn't interest ANYONE, there's nothing to worry about. 

You're such a smart ***, um, I mean smart guy, who knows SO much, I'm sure you already know national/state databases are updated when a person moves.  If you didn't know this then yes, you should be ashamed. Very ashamed.  Bwahahaha.

https://www.justice.gov/crt/national-voter-registration-act-1993-nvra

"What voter registration opportunity is required by Section 5 of the NVRA?

Each State motor vehicle driver’s license application (including any renewal application) submitted to a State motor vehicle authority must serve as a simultaneous voter registration application unless the applicant fails to sign the voter registration application. This application for voter registration must be considered as updating any previous voter registration by the applicant.

In addition, any change of address form submitted for State driver’s license purposes must also serve as notification of change of address for voter registration purposes unless the registrant states on the form that the change of address is not for voter registration purposes. This means that all changes of address submitted to State motor vehicle offices must be forwarded to election authorities unless the registrant affirmatively requests otherwise by opting out on the form."

January 26, 2017 7:08 AM MST

But the problem is that the License Bureau is not the only place a person can register to vote. I personally think that should be the case....we should only register at the License Bureau.
      January 26, 2017 12:42 PM MST

Yes, you are right, it's not the only place.  I believe I registered at my town clerk's office but it's been so long I just don't remember.  

I think it becomes problematic if a person doesn't drive and/or doesn't update their license info when they move.  There are still millions of people without proper ID (not counting illegals).  Maybe this will be one of the things our new President will resolve, who knows.  We have so many holes in our system.

However, when it comes to excon, I am confident that he has a current license with his current address and his old information was purged from the system.
      January 26, 2017 1:20 PM MST

Even if you don't drive, you still go to the License Bureau to get a nondrivers ID.  And if it was the law that you only register at the License Bureau it would cause those people to update their license's and would take the fraud out of at least that part of the system.
      January 26, 2017 3:57 PM MST