Active Now

my2cents
Element 99
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Dude!

Dude!

Hello:

So, our country is burning, and the right wing fiddles..  You KNOW, don't you, that WHEN we recover, right wingers will NEVER, NEVER, EVER get another shot???

excon

Posted - January 27, 2017

Responses

My dearest ex:

Please read Stephen King's The Stand.

I think you could relate.

It is us against them.   This is the end of things. 

STAND UP AND BE COUNTED.  I'm on your side. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at January 27, 2017 7:56 AM MST
      January 27, 2017 7:56 AM MST

The Stand is a great book. But we are not living in that time.  This post was edited by my2cents at January 27, 2017 4:51 PM MST
      January 27, 2017 7:57 AM MST

Hi My 2.

I got to get you a new computer. LOL
      January 27, 2017 7:58 AM MST

It's my phone....acting funny right now. Could just be me fat thumbing it. But if you would like to send me a new computer I would happily except. 
      January 27, 2017 8:01 AM MST

May I prosper enough this year that I will be easily able to. 

LOL 

I wish it for you for sure.
      January 27, 2017 8:29 AM MST

May we all prosper this year. I have hope we will.
      January 27, 2017 12:34 PM MST

Hello S:

Read it.  Loved it.

Trash Can Man
      January 27, 2017 8:11 AM MST

They say that all the time. 
    The Republican party is dead. 
    The Democrat party will reign for generations. .......

Nope not then and not now.
      January 27, 2017 7:56 AM MST

I don't think so either, My 2.  I think we need this horror that is foisted upon us so we can start to see what we really need and what we do not need.

I don't think this 2 party thing is cutting the mustard any longer.
      January 27, 2017 7:59 AM MST

I don't know if we can get rid of the 2 party system. Any time a 3rd party raises up they tilt the election to the party completely opposite of them...and they get viewed as a spoiler.
      January 27, 2017 8:10 AM MST

Hello my:

You're gauging your prognostication on what's happened in the past..  But, this is UNEXPLORED territory.  It's a brave new world.

excon
      January 27, 2017 8:15 AM MST

True...but if it continues the way it's going the base of the Dem party is going to move to the Republican party. Middle class workers whose jobs have been leaving the country since NAFTA. And were told too bad that is the new reality....deal with it....go back to school. We were told that by BOTH parties for decades. If Trump keeps bringing those jobs back/causing to stay, there will be changes. 
      January 27, 2017 8:24 AM MST

Hello again, my:

I agree with you..  The key is "IF"..  IF Trump can produce, it'll be the Dems who'll NEVER come back..  But, IF he doesn't, the Republicans will be DESTROYED..

excon
      January 27, 2017 8:34 AM MST

IF he can produce those Obama voters who turned and voted Trump will stay Republican.  If he doesn't, it will depend on the why...was it Dem blocking or Republicans not doing anything.
      January 27, 2017 8:40 AM MST

That's because we are still operating on the 2 party thing.   Let me tell you, I read you here and there, and you know a lot more about the inner workings than I do.  That is clear.  You read (how you digest and define what you read is not how I would define  it, but that is off the subject) a lot about the inner workings.  I simply do not have time. 

That said, I cannot explain to you exactly what I mean yet.  I think we need a new way of voting and a new idea of how to put people into power.  I think we need to be educated to vote. 

I think we need to take classes in politics and integrity and how the nations fall over and over again due to the fatal error of thinking this is not an important issue.

IT IS THE ONLY ISSUE.   We don't know how to be decent and we don't know what is decent any longer so how can we determine who should rule?

It is not US against THEM. This mentality went out with the FLOOD and Noah. 

If we don't learn to live together and work together and share everything we hold dear with our dear brothers and sisters on this planet, we are doomed to repeat this until we get it.

I got it a long time ago.  That is why I am crabby and mean. I am sick to death of waiting.
      January 27, 2017 8:34 AM MST

Something like that has been talked about before. Not refusing a citizen a vote. But having a multiple their voting. Where everyone gets one vote but if you meet other qualifications you vote counted more. Such as if you have served in the military, served in the government, lived overseas, have a degree, own property etc. But it would be way too complicated and ultimately make it to where the rich were in total control of the elections even more so than they already are. 
    Personally I think you should have to provide proof of citizenship when you register (you should only register at the License Bureau), we should all have to show picture ID when we vote. But no education test to vote (yes we should be educated in school)
      January 27, 2017 12:29 PM MST

They will be elected again in the future just as the left would have their turn as well. It seems people get tired of one group and switch to the other then get tired of them then switch back in a never ending cycle.
      January 27, 2017 8:01 AM MST

Our country is burning? Must have been that friction caused by the stock market shooting up so sharply just after Trump was elected that cause that fire to start, huh?
      January 27, 2017 8:47 AM MST

20,000 Dow Jones.....the Trump Rally.
      January 27, 2017 12:31 PM MST

You need to come up with someone better than Hilary then. 

A question for you, excon: Do you think you could walk in to a Michelin star restaurant and completely school the head chef on how to cook? Or do you think you could go in to any profession you've never had any experience in, and do it better than those who've been doing it for years? Donald Trump did. A real-estate celebrity took on all of the republican candidates and blew them all out of the water. And then he went up against Hilary and won. 

He's a winner. I challenge the democrats to come up with someone who can beat Trump. And you've only got 4 years to find someone good enough. 
      January 27, 2017 5:39 PM MST

I'm tired of them both. One wanting to rule over the other while getting as wealthy as possible. As it stands now, everybody is acting like amateurs. I mean how the hell are you going to repeal the Affordable Care Act and not have a replacement for all those millions of people that will certainly lose coverage. At some point, there will be some sort of gap where no one will be covered. 20 million people are s**t out of luck for a time. Both parties don't have much of a heart since they more than likely have coverage for their family.
      January 27, 2017 5:47 PM MST