Discussion » Questions » Relationships » Does a walk along the beach in really warm weather sound good to you, or are you a snow bunny?

Does a walk along the beach in really warm weather sound good to you, or are you a snow bunny?

Snow is falling right now where I live but I'd rather be where it's warm and sunny.  
Some people however, prefer the seasons and the cold weather. 

Posted - January 27, 2017

Responses

• I'm the snow bunny or rather the "snow beef" as a co-worker called me the other day. I'd much rather hike a snowy mountain than take a warm walk on the beach.
      January 27, 2017 2:04 PM MST

You must love the winter time then.  
      January 27, 2017 2:12 PM MST

• Absolutely! Winter is the best season in my book.
      January 27, 2017 3:26 PM MST

• I'm with Corey, I love the cold weather too! A snow covered field is one of the most peaceful and quiet places I've ever seen.
      January 27, 2017 2:31 PM MST

• I'm a sun kinda girl, I'd rather be warm, walking hand in hand on a secluded beach. I do agree that snow does have a sense of peacefulness, but only for me to visit if I choose to.
      January 27, 2017 2:53 PM MST

• I'm definitely a beach walker. There ws this one time...

I was visiting Townsville in the Ausrrealian tropics and had been invited to a BBQ at a home next to townsville Beach. The host told me to go for a walk while he and Mrs Host prepared and when I arrived back he asked where I'd gone. I said, "I waded along the length of the beach and back." And he said, "Did you forget about the jellies?" 

It was the height of the box-jellyfish season -- a very painful way to die -- and I hadn't given them a thought. I guess it's better to be lucky than smart. 

January 27, 2017 3:07 PM MST

Wow, how fortunate you  escaped that terrible fate. 
      January 27, 2017 5:02 PM MST

• I was lucky. At the start of the season the waters are teeming with them but their venom is normally only enough to sting, as unpleasant as that may be. Toward the end of the season their predators have cleaned out most of the jellies but those left are lethal. I'd never make that mistake again. 
      January 27, 2017 5:06 PM MST

• Warmth for me please... and a lovely beach in sun or when the sun has gone down.. I used to hate the heat but I find as i get older I love the sun more and more. 

All we get where we are is cold and no snow.. lol that's the worse of both worlds 
      January 27, 2017 3:10 PM MST

I am good with snow for about a week, then I need to come back home to Florida and the beach, lake or river. But in all honesty, as long as it isn't too cold or too hot and I have a fairly clear path I am glad to walk in any natural setting.
      January 27, 2017 3:18 PM MST

I love the sun and warmth, but do also love a really freezing snowy day outdoors in the sunshine.
      January 27, 2017 3:20 PM MST

i dont like snow but i dont live near the beach either
      January 27, 2017 3:52 PM MST

• It sounds fantastic to me. There is really no situation in which I prefer cold to warm weather. I like to visit the snow sometimes, but I will always choose warm/hot over cold. 
      January 27, 2017 4:45 PM MST

I'll take the walk on the beach in warm weather, any time.
      January 27, 2017 4:48 PM MST

I hate driving in it, I hate shoveling it, I hate everything about snow.
      January 27, 2017 5:32 PM MST

Yes, I agree.  
      January 27, 2017 6:16 PM MST

I stopped reading after I saw, "really warm weather".
      January 27, 2017 6:26 PM MST

We are actually having a little cool snap down here but I'm going with a couple of friends to walk on the beach after lunch tomorrow.  I don't go over there when it's hot because, well, it's too hot.  And tomorrow may be a little cool but it will be one of about three days per year that sweats are the ticket.  :)
      January 28, 2017 12:55 AM MST

Are those the only two choices?

I was born and raised in a cold climate, so I was accustomed to snowfall for more than six months every year, it was my paradigm.  Even though we took family trips to other places states away from home, those were always in the summertime, so I never experienced cold weather except for where we lived. 

When I was 19 years old, I joined the military and I was first stationed in Southern California for almost the entire first year, then in Hawaii, and from Hawaii, I went overseas aboard ship to seven tropical countries in the Pacific. That deployment schedule was six moths on ship, then eights months back in Hawaii, I did three such deployments, lasting almost four full years. I then transferred to a different unit in Hawaii that did not deploy, and I stayed another year and a half, for a total of five and a half years in Hawaii. Eventually, I spent so much time away from snow that I became spoiled as a result. I had never known life without snow every year, and there I was living the exact opposite.  I no longer have any desire to ever see snow again.  Ever since I left my hometown decades ago, I have purposefully avoided living in snow.  As such, it would not be my choice. 

~

June 2, 2020 6:00 AM MDT