Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Danilo_G
CosmicWunderkind
Randy D
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Weather » Fahrenheit or Celsius? Which one is the better system? Why? Which one do YOU identify with?

Fahrenheit or Celsius? Which one is the better system? Why? Which one do YOU identify with?

Posted - January 29, 2017

Responses

My cat thermometer on the porch has both °C and °F so I record the temperature in °C in my weather log.  I'm consistent so I also record the rainfall or snowfall in mm.  I also have my smartphone show °C and my husband does the same on his.

If someone asks a weather question on AM I'll give both to avoid any confusion.
      January 30, 2017 11:15 AM MST

• I do the same when answering questions, Livvie. Not only weather, but distances and weights as well. 
      January 30, 2017 3:22 PM MST

• Why do you keep.a weather log if you don't mind me asking. Is it your job, or do you just like weather things?
      January 30, 2017 8:31 PM MST

My dad kept track of the weather so he just passed it along to me.
      January 31, 2017 5:39 PM MST

Kelvin, please.

We tried to convert to centigrade back in the mid '70's, along with converting to other "metric" measurements (centigrade really isn't "metric", just a different scale more widely used by "scientists" and in other parts of the world) but none of it seemed to "take" Stateside. It didn't "take", although I know some "finish" carpenters and cabinetmakers that use centimeter tapes and rules because of the easier to use finer step size.
      January 30, 2017 4:20 PM MST

• We weren't given the choice. The gavel fell and, voila! we were metricised. It's a far simpler system, of course.
      January 30, 2017 8:23 PM MST

• The one with the 0 and the 100.
      January 30, 2017 8:29 PM MST