Active Now

Danilo_G
my2cents
Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Television and Movies » The Truman Show. This is your life America. A TV Show! Didja know?

The Truman Show. This is your life America. A TV Show! Didja know?

Posted - January 30, 2017

Responses

That's a good movie to me.
    :)
      March 22, 2019 6:45 PM MDT

It started out great. But it turned into a HORROR movie for me WQ. Everything about his life was fake. Even worse than that his entire life was providing entertainment for strangers who would tune in to see what the next episode would be about. Everything he ever  "knew" was not real. Put yourself in his place. How would YOU react to that? All the people you "knew" were actors paid to fool you. Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday. There may be many folks living the same kinds of lives though they are not being shown on TV screens. Maybe the people in their lives are just faking it. This post was edited by RosieG at March 23, 2019 6:43 AM MDT
      March 23, 2019 2:04 AM MDT

Hi Rosie! Yes, you're right -- just for the reasons you stated, that's why I found the movie good. Very unpleasant by the end but still a great story, told well. A lot of movies I admire are unpleasant in their stories.

But, on the upside story-wise -- as you know, I love that  animated Feel-Good "Charlotte's Web" movie we talked about a while ago.
      March 23, 2019 6:47 AM MDT

T think I told you that I fell in love with spiders or at least they don't frighten me any longer because of Charlotte, right? Of course having her voiced by Julia Roberts didn't hurt! Getting back to The Truman Show It was such a horrible realization for him to know that no one loved him. No one was a friend. It was all scripted! That would devastate me. Oh. A few weeks ago we went to the dentist's office and while I was waiting for Jim  GUESS WHO was singing all that time? ELLA! I was in heaven!. It put me in such a good mood! Thank you for your reply WQ and Happy Saturday to you! :)
      March 23, 2019 8:08 AM MDT

You're welcome, Rosie.

(I've never seen the Julia Roberts Charlotte's Web movie -- I've only seen the animated movie version with Debbie Reynolds voicing Charlotte. It's a musical.)
      March 24, 2019 4:04 AM MDT

I highly recommend it to you WQ. I believe you will simply LOVE it! She encourages PIG and is a very wise and loving presence. A spider no less but there it is! I did not see the animated movie version with Debbie Reyolds but I expect it was a fine job she did too! Thank you for your reply! :)
      March 24, 2019 4:08 AM MDT