Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Politics » If you FAIL to mention the INTENT of the holocaust was to wipe out the Jews, and INSTEAD say, "we took into account all those that suffered"

If you FAIL to mention the INTENT of the holocaust was to wipe out the Jews, and INSTEAD say, "we took into account all those that suffered"

Hello:

Are you giving holocaust deniers a WINK and a NOD????

We K
NOW the alt-right has a home in the Trump White House.  We KNOW the alt-right DENIES the holocaust.  Certainly, it COULD just be a rookie mistake.  Or it COULD be something else.  But, when CONFRONTED with their statements, both Reince Priebus and Hope Hicks DOUBLED DOWN..

S
o, I'll answer my own question..  Trump IS an antisemite!!!  I don't care if his son-in-law is a Jew.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/28/politics/white-house-holocaust-memorial-day/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial_(2016_film)

excon

Posted - January 31, 2017

Responses

I do find it to be a strange press release in both it's brevity and self promotion at the end.  IMO, there appears to be a sense of detachment in it's generalization.

Something tells me that he was told he had to make a statement and, feeling there were more urgent matters, he handed the job off to Stephen Bannon. 

The White House
    Office of the Press Secretary
    For Immediate Release
    January 27, 2017

Statement by the President on International Holocaust Remembrance Day

“It is with a heavy heart and somber mind that we remember and honor the victims, survivors, heroes of the Holocaust. It is impossible to fully fathom the depravity and horror inflicted on innocent people by Nazi terror.

“Yet, we know that in the darkest hours of humanity, light shines the brightest.‎ As we remember those who died, we are deeply grateful to those who risked their lives to save the innocent.

“In the name of the perished, I pledge to do everything in my power throughout my Presidency, and my life, to ensure that the forces of evil never again defeat the powers of good. Together, we will make love and tolerance prevalent throughout the world.”

January 31, 2017 6:42 AM MST

Hello Harry:

Sadly, the word JEW is missing.  You DON'T talk about the Holocaust WITHOUT saying the word JEW.. Even a nincompoop like Trump should know that..   I don't think it's an oversight..  Trump is under the spell of alt-right, white supremacist, Jew hating Steve Bannon..

excon
      January 31, 2017 6:57 AM MST

It was NOT an oversight.  Reince Priebus just about admitted that it was deliberately worded that way. 
      January 31, 2017 7:39 AM MST

• More than  just Jews.
    Not just Jews.  All "inferior" races and people.  Gypsys, Poles( slavs in general), handicapped, gays, blacks. 
      January 31, 2017 7:50 AM MST

Yes, there were others besides Jews, but it was the Jews that were targeted wholesale for extinction. 
      January 31, 2017 1:17 PM MST