Active Now

Danilo_G
my2cents
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Of all the states, is it any surprise that California would be the first to enact legislation for seperation?

Of all the states, is it any surprise that California would be the first to enact legislation for seperation?

You know Californians. So independent.

Posted - February 3, 2017

Responses

• Well, you know Californians, Soooooo Whacko
      February 3, 2017 11:08 AM MST

Hello d:

Didn't I just read where you accused the left of name calling???  I DID, didn't I??  So, what happened??  Didja FORGET you said that??? 

Dude!

excon
      February 3, 2017 11:55 AM MST

• They actually had this in the works before and are trying to get it on the ballot by 2018.  But a bunch of States did this when Obama won the last time but died out.
      February 3, 2017 11:12 AM MST

• Well I do think it's kinda ironic how the people you may hear talking about it are the same people who make fun of Texans for saying it.

It's amusing.
      February 3, 2017 11:16 AM MST

• The ultimate trump slap in the face... not only am i not coming to your birthday party.... I'm moving so i can't come lol
      February 3, 2017 11:47 AM MST

Right!  No federal funds, army, navy, marines,air force.  Where is all the money going to come from to keep the state running? 
    They need to think this through.  I guess we will have to build a wall along California as well. 
      February 3, 2017 12:10 PM MST

I might understand it if they were doing so much better than the rest of the country, They better think this over, but knowing how they think I doubt they will, Look at it this way, the majority of complainers will be in one area.
          The only way a state can go down hill is to change the people,which has happened.
      February 3, 2017 12:55 PM MST

• I've lived here all my life and it's always been a sanctuary state without any problems. Even if it makes it to the ballot? It will never pass. Just not going to happen. We would lose more than we would gain and there are many other states with the same idea. Look at Texas! They talked secession if Hillary won. I'm not in the least bit worried about it. Read about any bombings or such here? I think not. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 3, 2017 9:10 PM MST
      February 3, 2017 1:29 PM MST

I watch TV, and on NCIS LA there are cars and buildings blowing up there every week.  :)
      February 3, 2017 1:39 PM MST

What do you think about Occupy Oakland? They are a big part of the riots as Berkeley.  They tweeted about war and dismantling the state. And becoming ungovernable.

February 3, 2017 1:41 PM MST

• That stuff has been going on in the Bay area since the 60's. The Governor is never going to let it happen.
      February 3, 2017 1:56 PM MST

Why was the police response so slow? 
    Do they believe the protesters should be able to "get it out of their system"? Our Gov in MO felt that way about the Ferguson "protests". He had the National Guard there at the ready and never used them. Just let the city burn. 
      February 3, 2017 4:42 PM MST

• Oakland and Berkely have been trouble spots for so many years I think the police are just used to it. Yes,I think they'll let them burn themselves out like they have since the 60's. Always been that way there.
      February 3, 2017 5:32 PM MST

I don't understand that. These people are lucky I am not in charge. As soon as they broke a window, etc they be arrested. 
      February 3, 2017 5:36 PM MST

• You really don't want to hear my views on that as I'm a Vietnam Vet and put up with a lot of crap from them at the time. I'm just glad I live in upper No. California. Far enough away from it all.
      February 3, 2017 5:39 PM MST

Washington, Oregon, and California are welcome to join Canada. Three new provinces would be great.
      February 3, 2017 1:40 PM MST

• Love it! ... and another wall to build :)
      February 3, 2017 2:11 PM MST

• Yeah but we save money on the border between them and Mexico. They can put out the welcome mat.  
      February 3, 2017 2:15 PM MST

• I think they already have...
      February 3, 2017 2:18 PM MST

• Then the PAC 12 becomes the PAC 4
      February 3, 2017 2:06 PM MST

Guess Trump will talk as warmhearted about this as Brexit. Hmm.
      February 3, 2017 2:22 PM MST

Didn't Texas try to pull the same crap?
    I remember here in Florida people were talking about seceding and waging civil war against Obama and his evil army of snake men or whatever it was they were rambling about.
      February 3, 2017 3:14 PM MST

• Hmm well it seems like South Carolina really started the whole precedent. And Texas was once its own nation, so Texas has always been very independent. But like I always say, it says "California Republic" on our flag for a reason :)

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 3, 2017 9:11 PM MST
      February 3, 2017 3:28 PM MST