Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Books and Literature » Are you a SCIFI/FANTASY fan or is reality your cuppa tea? What about SCIFI movies? Nothing of interest to you there?

Are you a SCIFI/FANTASY fan or is reality your cuppa tea? What about SCIFI movies? Nothing of interest to you there?

Posted - March 1, 2017

Responses

• This is what I'm reading right now....Notice it's the 5th book in the series....actually it's the 6th, there was a 3.5 thrown in for good measure, :)

Image result for zombie fallout 5
      March 2, 2017 11:32 AM MST

• I like science fiction and fantasy. I have read the series about "John Carter of Mars", "Lord of the Rings", "Gormenghast" and "Conan the Barbarian". I like such authors as Asimov, Bradley, Clarke, Dick, Heinlein, Verne, Vonnegut, Wells, Zelazny, etc.
      June 10, 2017 1:35 PM MDT

I like the books of John Wyndham. He's sci-fi.
    He wrote the book "The Midwich Cuckoos" - - my favorite title of any book I've read. They made two movies of the same name from that book --  "Village of the Damned." But Midwich is the name of the small village in England - - and the name --  "The Midwich Cuckoos" is so catchy as a title for a creepy book.

I like Ray Bradbury, too.

I love all the "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" movies- - especially the original and the 1978 remake.

And the "Alien" movies I really like. They almost approach horror.

Those are what come to mind.
    (I'm not an avid reader of trilogies and series of books and that type of thing.)
      April 22, 2018 6:59 PM MDT

Hi there WQ. This is a pretty old question m'dear. Where didja find it? My favorite scifi short story is titled "Flowers for Algernon"  by Daniel Keyes. It was made into a movie long ago starring Cliff Robertson and called "Charly". It haunts me. There was a movie a few years back with Robin Williams as the doctor and Robert De Niro was the patient that was very slightly reminiscent of it. It is haunting too. Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday to you! :)
      April 23, 2018 3:13 AM MDT

I was traveling through the Books and Literature category of back questions.
    :)
      April 23, 2018 8:25 AM MDT

• It is a haunting story, due to the dynamic that drives the story. A life of childlike innocence and simplicity vs a condition of genius intellect and all that goes with it. I was 17 when the film version "Charly" was released. (I wish I could turn that R around as they did in the film's publicity.) I was on a date with a girl and we saw it on a Saturday night. I was deeply touched by the story and she didn't get  it. That was the last time we dated.
      April 23, 2018 9:49 AM MDT