Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » How would you react to being stranded on a roller coaster 100 feet up in the air for about 3 hours? Why?

How would you react to being stranded on a roller coaster 100 feet up in the air for about 3 hours? Why?

It happened at a theme park in Largo, Maryland at 6 Flags America. 24 riders had to be ferried down individually by rescuer's using a crane's hydraulic arm. If you were one of them would you ever ride a roller coaster again?

Posted - April 16, 2017

Responses

After taking my young relatives to Cedar Point Amusement Park last summer, I can tell you it is hell on one's body to just ride on those coasters, let alone get stuck on one. I can remember when I was in my 20's, I could ride all day and late into the night, but not anymore. Somewhere along the way, I became an old man!
      April 16, 2017 6:58 AM MDT

Hey sweetie being an old man beats the alternative of not being at all! So heights per se don't bother you then bh? They do me. Thank you for your reply! :)
      April 17, 2017 7:25 AM MDT

I don't think I'd ever want to ride a roller coaster in the first place. I get motion sickness far too easily.
      April 16, 2017 7:24 AM MDT

That's awfu! I hate that feeling of nausea. For me it is a fear of heights. I don't ride roller coasters or Ferris Wheels. If I ever were on one and that happened I think I could just pass out. I mean I could keep my eyes closed but in my mind's eye I'd still "see" how far up we were! Thank you for your reply Patch and Happy Monday! :)
      April 17, 2017 7:27 AM MDT

I'm scared of heights, too. I especially don't like being upside down. I can just picture the restraints malfunctioning and I go plunging to my doom.
      April 17, 2017 10:39 AM MDT

Oh geez! I just shivered thinking about it! Some folks get huge jollies from stuff like that! In fact I have heard of people who actually travel to ALL the roller coasters in ALL the amusement parks in America! So they can ride them! Can you even imagine that? Not my cuppa tea! "Plunging to my doom"! AARRGGHH!. In 4 simple words you created a nightmare scenario!. D'ya suppose we'd pass out before we hit? Thank you for your reply Patch! :) This post was edited by RosieG at April 17, 2017 11:06 AM MDT
      April 17, 2017 11:06 AM MDT

They would have to lower me down in a basket, because after about 10 seconds I would definitely be a "basket case."
      April 16, 2017 10:11 AM MDT

Do you have a fear of heights as I do? In the real world I DON"T ride on roller coasters or Ferris Wheels. But IF it were to have happened somehow I could well pass out after a very short while.  If I look over the railing of a balcony at third floor level my knees get weak and will buckle. Great heights and I do not get along. There is one exception which I think is very weird. I like window seats on jets and have no problem looking out.  Why that is I haven't a clue!  If I'm looking at a magazine and turn the page and see an aerial view my knees get weak even sitting down. I can't look at such pictures without having inpleasant physical reactions. A picture for goodness sakes! :(    Thank you for your reply tom! :)
      April 17, 2017 7:23 AM MDT

Apparently I do.
      April 17, 2017 1:26 PM MDT

Heights don't bother me, but being stuck in one place for 3 hours with nothing to do would drive me nuts with boredom.
      April 17, 2017 7:33 AM MDT

Hello R:

Once I saw that that's all it was, I'd be counting my award for damages...  That oughta be worth a couple hundred g's.   What?  Yeah, I'm that kinda guy..  I was sitting in a bar once when a taxi cab crashed right in..  I jumped into the back seat and grabbed my neck..

goody This post was edited by excon at April 17, 2017 11:16 AM MDT
      April 17, 2017 11:15 AM MDT