Active Now

Malizz
CosmicWunderkind
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Trump starts NEW neighbor war. 20% tarriff on Canadian softwoods and attacking Canadian dairy industry. Why won't he crawl away and die?

Trump starts NEW neighbor war. 20% tarriff on Canadian softwoods and attacking Canadian dairy industry. Why won't he crawl away and die?

2016 - Garbage in
2020 - Garbage out  (Unless there really is a God and he takes care of this STAT)

Posted - April 26, 2017

Responses

i like it... i guess it will touch canada trading with USA for woods, but maybe it will refrain canada to chop their natural ressources . i agree it suck tho , but canada can find other places to make money....
      April 26, 2017 12:31 PM MDT

There is a madness to his method.
      April 26, 2017 12:49 PM MDT

How much does that amount to?  Unless it outweighs the $510 million they got from us as a defense contractor last year, do you think it will really matter?  
      April 26, 2017 1:17 PM MDT

Is there any country or nation Trump hasn't offended? I said from the start that this WOULD affect America because people elsewhere don't forget when he runs off at the mouth...People will be queuing up not to trade with him.
      April 26, 2017 3:19 PM MDT

• This isn't really offending another nation.  It's more just annoying a segment of the Canadian economy.

i have to stick up for him to a degree on at least the dairy issue ( this applies to the timber issue too actually).   This has been going on to some extent for a few years now just not at the national level.   Many States have been putting restrictions on these Canadian goods in recent years because the domestic producers argue it puts a burden on them.  New York State for example  was doing something recently that was pissing off Canadian dairy farmers and lobbyists because a bunch of NY dairy farmers were sayig they were losing money trying to compete with the Canadian imports of milk.   Now the accuracy of that is questionable because the American dairy farmers groups  have been demonstrated to be using certain tactics to cause artificial inflation of dairy prices.   How much of it might be due to that I couldn't accurately say.

All I can say is that when it comes to him putting tariffs on these imports from Canada it isn't like many of the border states and other states that have agreements with them haven't been doing or trying to do this themselves first. 
      April 26, 2017 4:22 PM MDT

That guy should always hold a cute puppy whenever he gets his photo taken to divert attention away from his mug. Any way the tariffs will probably hurt the common people on both sides of the border so Canada came up with a diabolical plan to get Trump to change his mind. The next time our Prime minister meets with Trump he is going to turn on the charm to Ivanka and get her to talk to her father. Last time Ivanka met Justin Trudeau she was making the googally eyes at him and he wasn't even trying to be charming so when he turns on his charm she will not only get Trump to change his mind about the tariffs she will take  Trump into  giving us a couple of free submarines. Cheers!
      April 26, 2017 7:11 PM MDT

If he did you would dig him up and defile his corpse so might as well stay alive?
      April 26, 2017 9:03 PM MDT