Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » History » Some say Jesus changed the world. Trump has changed it too. Which change will last and which will disappear?

Some say Jesus changed the world. Trump has changed it too. Which change will last and which will disappear?

Posted - April 29, 2017

Responses

• Trump will fade into history.  Perhaps his biggest legacy will be how he is removed from office
      April 29, 2017 7:26 AM MDT

Congress is spineless. Exactly whom do you think can do the job? The Supremes? The Senate? They're all purchased and OWNED by Republicans. It will take a Deus ex Machina to finagle it. Unless you see something I don't which you often. Apologies but I have no idea whom those folks are in the photo. None. My SWAG is they're Trump's parents. Thank you for your reply Sbf and the graphic! :)
      May 2, 2017 5:13 AM MDT

• "I have no idea whom those folks are in the photo"

Nicolae  & Elena Ceausescu  

May 2, 2017 5:57 AM MDT

OK. Thanks. I have to Google it JG. I suppose I should KNOW by your answer whom they are but I don't. Color me ignorant! :)
      May 2, 2017 6:11 AM MDT

• Color me partially informative
    I'll leave the bread crumbs for you :)
      May 2, 2017 6:44 AM MDT

Hmm. I'm not sure how to take that. It doesn't seem at all civil or kind or polite and certainly not respectful. It seems as if you just smacked me in the face. You do NOT leave breadcrumbs for people unless you dislike. Did you misspeak or do you really mean what you said? If so okey dokey. Now I know something about you I did not know before. I could have done without knowing it but one cannot always control information that appears unsolicited. :(:(:(:(:(
      June 14, 2017 12:19 PM MDT

June 13, 2017 11:09 AM MDT

• In the end it all be nothing.
      April 29, 2017 8:52 AM MDT

Think all the damage he has done thus far and will have done before he is axed can be "fixed" and we can go back to the country we used to be once upon a time BT (before Trump)? How? Thank you for your reply whistsle and Happy Tuesda! :)
      May 2, 2017 5:15 AM MDT

probably what trump changed might disappear
      May 1, 2017 4:58 PM MDT

When Jesus was on earth he proved himself the perfect candidate to rule over mankind. The many miracles he performed, from turning water into wine, to healing the sick, at times bedridden, like mutes, blind, and lame. To actually resurrecting the dead. He also tamed a raging storm, proving him capable of controlling the natural elements. These and many more accomplishments that the bible briefly mentions, prove without a shadow of a doubt that he was then the appointed future king, and he is now Jehovah God's enthroned messianic king. (Isaiah 9:6,7)how does trump, putin, un, clinton, or any other human ruler compare? This post was edited by Autumnleaves at June 13, 2017 7:56 AM MDT
      May 2, 2017 11:45 PM MDT

• These may be just stories, ledgens.  One would think that if Jesus was who he claimed to be, or perhaps who others claim him to be, he would be in power.  For 2,000 year the coming of his rule has been proclaimed. Perhaps it is time to admit this is now unlikely. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at June 13, 2017 11:12 AM MDT
      May 3, 2017 8:40 AM MDT

So you say.
      May 3, 2017 10:42 PM MDT

• Yes, I do.  It is reasonable to express doubt of doubtful claims. Your response does not refute my position.
      May 5, 2017 9:39 AM MDT

You have the right to not believe in bible prophecies. The fact remains that this world as you know it is about to end. All the signs are in place. No one can stop the inevitable. 
      June 13, 2017 12:42 AM MDT

Hi Autumnleaves. Have you seen this video?

https://tv.jw.org/#en/mediaitems/LatestVideos/pub-jwb_201706_9_VIDEO

Morality in the Last Days (2 Tim. 3:13)

June 13, 2017 5:01 AM MDT

Hi text, I may have. I'lll look into it. Thank you!!
      June 13, 2017 10:02 AM MDT

• Christians have been predicating the end of the world for 2,000 years.  Every prediction has been wrong.  The curious thing is Christian's great joy for the end of the world.  Death and destruction of every thing.   Rather Jihadist, no? 
      June 13, 2017 7:37 AM MDT

No Jihadist at all. Jihadists try to bring about the end of the world through their evil actions. They believe if they can bring about enough evil and chaos their 12th imam will return. Christians simply believe in the Bible and it's prophecies that have already happened and those which will come to pass. As Jesus said I have told you all things so that when these things have you might believe and those that do believe have stronger faith.
      June 13, 2017 8:01 AM MDT

By "jihadist" are you referring to ISIS?  If so, they are not Twelvers.  Nor do all Twelvers believe creating chaos will hasten the return of the 12th imam, for that matter.  Twelvers are considered apostates by ISIS, and therefore subject to death.  Twelvers are currently fighting ISIS.

You can no more lump all Muslims together than you can all Christians.  Just as there are widely divergent beliefs between those identifying as Christians, so too with Muslims. 

This post was edited by Bozette at June 13, 2017 8:40 AM MDT
      June 13, 2017 8:38 AM MDT

• Destroying the entire world wouldn't be an evil action?  "Kill them all!" may be efficient but it is not just, though it has Biblical precedence.
      June 13, 2017 9:30 AM MDT

Christians are not destroying the world. 
      June 13, 2017 10:45 AM MDT

Christians are NOT destroying the world.

That's nuts.   Religion is.
      June 13, 2017 10:47 AM MDT

• But their hope and anticipation is god will.  It is very odd to me that a religion which is supposed to embrace love so eagerly looks forward to the destruction of everything. 
      June 13, 2017 11:04 AM MDT