Discussion » Questions » Weather » How much of an impact does the weather have on your everyday life?

How much of an impact does the weather have on your everyday life?

Posted - April 30, 2017

Responses

Now that I live in Southern California, it’s not as big a factor as it had been in other places that I’ve lived. Of course, there’s consideration that has to be taken into account when planning things, but with the way San Diego weather is pretty much predictable, it’s not a major concern. In fact, I noticed years ago that I hardly ever pay attention to weather reports and/or forecasts. We sort of have the idea here we already know what they’ll say.
    ~

September 4, 2021 6:33 AM MDT

I genuinely enjoy variety, so I think I'd be bored. Probably not a surprise to anyone who knows me. 

I still love playing in the snow on occasion. And ice and snow make for fantastic photos! 
      September 4, 2021 9:13 AM MDT

Well, I’ve written on these pages before about having been born and raised in a place with about nine months of cold weather, and at least five of those months being snowy. It was my paradigm until age eighteen when I joined the military, came out to California, from there Hawaii, from there, all over Asia and The Pacific with their tropical paradises. For more than a decade, I traveled worldwide and experienced wide variations in weather from very cold to very hot, but I never got over being spoiled by the absence of snow and its accompanying other difficulties and negatives. I’m not one of those people who grew accustomed to four seasons and now miss it, I’m the exact opposite. Unlike you, I am not bored by the weather that stays pretty much the same all the time, I love it.

~

September 4, 2021 9:38 AM MDT

It is good that you're in your happy weather place, Randy D! 

I've identified a few 'ideal weather' places that I'd love to move or retire to someday. Cooler summers, snowier winters that would necessitate a 4x4. It's fun to think about the possibilities! 

September 4, 2021 10:03 AM MDT

Lewis Black the comedian, says there is no reason for a weather report in San Diego because the weather is always good. 
      September 5, 2021 5:46 AM MDT

I had no idea how much until I moved away from my former home.  For me, weather is a very big factor in life.  My life as I knew it ended when I moved away. Life will never be the same, now I am older with physical limitations and missed out on life itself.  Where I live now it is always something, the snow, the rain, the wind, it's too cold or too hot, there is no beach, desert or mountains close by.  
      September 4, 2021 6:42 AM MDT

What were the general weather conditions in the place where you lived previously, the more favorable place in regard to weather?
    ~

September 4, 2021 6:46 AM MDT

Temperate climate all year long.  
      September 4, 2021 7:12 AM MDT

I hope you can get back to a place that suits you better and can find enjoyment! 
      September 4, 2021 9:15 AM MDT

Thank you savvy.  Guess I was venting a little.  lol

Besides having great weather, there was plenty to do in that great environment.  Lots of things to experience in a small area that were free and of course plenty of additional things that cost buckolas. 
    This post was edited by Honey Dew at September 4, 2021 9:53 PM MDT
      September 4, 2021 10:36 AM MDT

Yeah, it's important to think about things like that. Cost of living has a big impact on most of us, I think. The ability to access free entertainment is a real consideration. Feeling a sense of belonging with many of your neighbors counts for a lot, too. 

I remember when I was younger and dumber and didn't really think about those things. And also no internet to even research such things as cost of living! Newspaper classified ads and feet on the street for finding jobs and places to live! Such exciting lives we used to lead before the internet! 
      September 4, 2021 6:34 PM MDT

I remember the exhilarating feeling of riding my bike along the beach front then stopping to watch the sun dance on the top of the water like silver, while looking for dolphins.  There is nothing like it except being in the mountains which has it's own rich experiences. 

This post was edited by Honey Dew at September 6, 2021 2:07 PM MDT
      September 5, 2021 1:52 AM MDT

Beach+mountains+seasons = Savvy's dream location! 

Hope you eventually land where you hope to! :)
      September 6, 2021 2:10 PM MDT

Rain has a lot of impact on my life because I am so sweet I melt in the rain like sugar. Cheers and happy weekend!
      September 4, 2021 9:20 AM MDT

I believe that of you, Nanoose! Cheers and happy weekend to you! 
      September 4, 2021 9:54 AM MDT

Fair weather outdoors, foul weather indoors. 
      September 4, 2021 1:15 PM MDT

Very good to have many fair weather days! 
      September 4, 2021 6:12 PM MDT

• None.  I live in San Francisco, California which has moderate temperatures
      September 4, 2021 4:48 PM MDT

I used to live there.  It can be cold and windy at times and the beach is not for swimming.  
      September 4, 2021 5:10 PM MDT

• Yes, cold and windy all too frequently for me.  However, I've lived in San Francisco for my entire lifetime of 70 years.  
      September 4, 2021 6:15 PM MDT

I does grow on you for sure.  I enjoyed my time in that area but it took time to warm up to the location.  
      September 5, 2021 2:25 AM MDT

Rainy there, isn't it? 

I hope to visit someday. Ideally start around Big Sur and travel as far north as possible! Looks incredible. 
      September 4, 2021 6:24 PM MDT

Big Sur is beautiful.  I wish I had an opportunity to spend time there. 
      September 5, 2021 2:27 AM MDT

• It rains in San Francisco from December to March
      September 5, 2021 7:30 AM MDT

I'll keep that in mind! 
      September 6, 2021 2:14 PM MDT