Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Have you always chosen your path in life or has it sometimes chosen you? How so?

Have you always chosen your path in life or has it sometimes chosen you? How so?

Posted - May 21, 2017

Responses

Sometimes it has chosen me. I didn't get my fiancée pregnant on purpose, a condom broke. And I certainly didn't choose to suffer a crippling back injury that cost me my job, my house, my sanity and almost my life (two attempts at suicide).
      May 21, 2017 7:02 AM MDT

Me too Sbf . With the best intentions and plans life grabs hold of you and has its way with you without your consent sometimes. We survived it! Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday! :)
      May 21, 2017 7:11 AM MDT

I did most of the choosing. At a young age, I controlled my life.  Example; as a teen, I chose not to smoke cigarettes even though my buddies all tried to get me to start. They just wanted to be able to bum cigarettes from the kid with the cash.  
      May 21, 2017 7:19 AM MDT

• No, I've not always been the master of my own fate. What appeared to be small quirks of circumstance, have on a few occasions directed my path into a destination that I probably would not have chosen. So it was with the last 20 years that I spent in the labor force. I ended up in a profession that would not have made my list of the top 100. It was all due to a series of improbable events that ended up shaping my course. I know that such things can and do happen. Reminds me of "Mr Holland's Opus". Something that you might think is a temporary layover in life's journey turns out to be life shaping. 
      May 21, 2017 9:32 AM MDT

seems like its been chosen for me and it usually seems to be going nowheres to be honest
      May 21, 2017 3:46 PM MDT