Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » For persons who never started smoking what helped prevent you from doing it?

For persons who never started smoking what helped prevent you from doing it?

I smoke. My sister said she decided not to even try smoking because she felt fear that she would never be able to quit.

Posted - May 26, 2017

Responses

I started, like everyone else did.. and I was VERY good at smoking :P But for me.. it didn't make sense... all that money for, what seemed like something I didn't need and could use the money better...So for me, while I am not real money orientated, it just seemed like a waste of money... Nothing more than that really... I didn't want to be tied to having to buy them.. and they are now very very very expensive.. 
      May 26, 2017 1:59 AM MDT

Very expensive yes. I am down to about 7 cigarettes a day now (yes i've tried to quit) and that costs me about  $120 per month. 
      May 26, 2017 2:28 AM MDT

Apparently he cost of a packet of cigs in the UK will be around £8.82 for 20 here.. sooo that would mean around £88 a month so it's around about the same price here.. 
      May 26, 2017 4:10 AM MDT

My dad let me try a cigarette when I was 6, but that didn't work out too well so I never really got into it. I puff cigars occasionally, but that's not something I do often because I get sick if I puff a little too much.
      May 26, 2017 2:25 AM MDT

• I know I have an addictive personality so I know that I can get addicted to things easily. I chose Mountain Dew and video games instead of smoking. Plus, I hate the smell! This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at May 26, 2017 9:12 PM MDT
      May 26, 2017 5:08 AM MDT

A dead grandfather. From lung cancer.
      May 26, 2017 12:42 PM MDT

i grew up in a family who never smoked so i just wasnt around it, i also felt sorry for people that get cancer from it too, plus i hate lighters and matches, i dont want to be anywheres near them
      May 26, 2017 2:57 PM MDT

I just read the other day that research is showing that nicotine may help people with psychosis/schizophrenia.  Good article. 

"Smoking is notoriously bad for one's health. Tobacco use can lead to disability, disease, and even death, but new research suggests that nicotine may have some benefits for patients living with schizophrenia."

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/315446.php
      May 27, 2017 12:14 AM MDT