Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » When I was drunk I would believe in God then when I sober up I would think 'no, there is no god'. Should I stay drunk?

When I was drunk I would believe in God then when I sober up I would think 'no, there is no god'. Should I stay drunk?

Posted - May 26, 2017

Responses

What kind of god did you believe in while drunk?
      May 26, 2017 1:27 AM MDT

A loving God that would help people to be able to live a good life .
      May 26, 2017 1:51 AM MDT

that's nice.. every now and then. that's exactly why one should drink, to get away from the god you would believe in while sober. although, if you already don't believe while sober.. I'd say you're good to go remaining sober.
      May 26, 2017 9:08 PM MDT

Drunk is good but pretty hard on the pocket, job and body to maintain long term.. I'd go for sober :P
      May 26, 2017 1:56 AM MDT

Fer sure!
      May 26, 2017 1:58 AM MDT

When I was drunk I would believe in God then when I sober up I would think 'no, there is no god'. Should I stay drunk?

========================================================

Absolutely. The great Sufis are always talking about being steeped in intoxication. An intoxication that whisks them out of this mad world and into the presence of their beloved. For the drunken mystic the intoxication is manifested in acts of love, ... In sakar, the state of intoxication, the sufi is drunk in divine love of the Supreme

Image result for whirling dervish

May 26, 2017 2:14 AM MDT

I would never be able to get anything done if I was 'high' all the time 
      May 26, 2017 2:36 AM MDT

ah, but if your love for the divine were so intoxicating would getting anything else done really matter any more? :) :) :)

I think it was Rumi who forbade that there should be any mourning at his funeral and that it should instead be led by a band playing a wedding tune to reflect the joys of his journey to his long awaited beloved.

The female Sufi Rabia al Adawiyya is reported to have been seen at night with a candle in one hand and a glass of water in the other. Asked where she was headed she said that she was on a mission to flood out hell and turn heaven to ashes so that there would be only one destination for all, the intensely supreme divine presence. 
      May 26, 2017 1:11 PM MDT

no.
    Have a direct experience of what is within you.
    God exists within you as you...
      May 26, 2017 8:21 AM MDT

Alcohol serves to decathect the superego---so you don't have all that negative stuff your parents drilled into you and you can think clearly.

Insights you achieve while drunk can be useful and occasionally turn out to be a fortuitous alternative to counseling.

Sober up and act on your new knowledge of reality.
      May 26, 2017 10:28 AM MDT

no, i dont think god would want you to stay drunk
      May 26, 2017 2:54 PM MDT

Some people who think they know what God's plan is must be drunk or high because they never get it right.
      May 27, 2017 10:18 AM MDT

Beliefs and morals do not change because of intoxication.  The only thing that changes is expressing those beliefs and morals.     Intoxication frees inhibition.
      May 27, 2017 4:51 PM MDT