Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Please list 3 of the most boring topics to discuss on a phone call? I pick A) golf B) golf and C) GOLF!

Please list 3 of the most boring topics to discuss on a phone call? I pick A) golf B) golf and C) GOLF!

some men are idiots :/ cos I said so.

Posted - May 27, 2017

Responses

• All of them. I really don't like phone calls other than for simple questions or statements or to relay simple information. If a call lasts longer than 5-10 minutes, then the conversation should be done in person. At least, that's how I see it.
      May 27, 2017 6:00 PM MDT

• I agree,  I prefer text. If I get a call needs to be to discuss something quick or an emergency. with expection of someone I'm very close to. I just had a 20 Minute discussion ( one sided ) about golf. I'm not impressed.   
      May 27, 2017 6:04 PM MDT

• Golf is just a boring topic for any conversation, lol. Golf is not a sport!
      May 27, 2017 6:06 PM MDT

• Yes I know :/ I tuned out after first 5 minutes. Especially when started talking about let someone play through  then argue over lose sunglasses and divot or whatever. Men are so weird sometimes :/ 
      May 27, 2017 6:09 PM MDT

I volunteer for the Red Cross on Saturday mornings, I give about three dozen elderly people a welfare check call. Some of them want to chat for a while, I could be the only person they will speak to all day. The phone can be a lifeline for those who can't get out much or at all. Man is a social animal. This post was edited by Slartibartfast at May 27, 2017 6:22 PM MDT
      May 27, 2017 6:11 PM MDT

The only thing more boring than playing golf is watching somebody else play golf.

I did try it - once. I shot an 89. Then, on the second hole ...

Two other completely uninteresting topics are:
    Your cat (I honestly couldn't care less), and
    Whatever the telemarketer is trying to sell me, in that unintelligible accent. This post was edited by Slartibartfast at May 27, 2017 9:50 PM MDT
      May 27, 2017 6:07 PM MDT

• Agree with the cats :) I can't stand when people talk about their cats or children for that matter . I never answer numbers I don't recognize so dont deal with telemarketing. 
      May 27, 2017 6:17 PM MDT

I frequently have to field calls from customers, so I have to answer unknown numbers a lot of the time.
      May 27, 2017 6:41 PM MDT

• I see, I  Feel for you on that. I don't even like answering calls from people I know and like :)
      May 27, 2017 6:46 PM MDT

Have you ever considered getting rid of your phone since you don't want to answer calls, not even from people you like?
    Talk about some men being idiots, you're feeding my addiction to irony.
      May 28, 2017 1:15 AM MDT

• I like texting ... And Twitter and snapchat ... And Instagram ... And answerMug ... Im keeping my phone then. You can calm me an idiot if you like .. But I like all the things my  phone does except  for take calls .... 
      May 28, 2017 1:20 AM MDT

OK, I do not like texting, I like talking to people on the phone, not long, not endless chit chat, just talking. I also love the game of golf, I walk around playing the game chatting with friends, enjoying the day rather than being a couch patato watching the box. So, call golf whatever you like, I shall keep playing the game .... and BTW , it IS a sport or it wouldn't be a part of the Olympic games.
    Live and let live ... ! OK? Peace.
      May 28, 2017 1:38 AM MDT

• That's nice 
      May 28, 2017 7:49 AM MDT

• Relationship troubles
    Sports in general
    Politics

May 27, 2017 7:07 PM MDT

• Agree with politics :) I was bored today so looking through my old questions .. I'd say 67% are related to relationship troubles or sports :)of the ones I looked at anyway :) guess I have no right to complain about politics then :) cos I'm a broken record myself. I'm just gonna think about bee's from now on. 
      May 27, 2017 7:16 PM MDT

• I talk about all those things, but on the phone it's torture.  Like when someone calls out of the blue to bitch about their BF/GF?   WTF do you want me to say?   Dump 'em!... Honestly outside of MMA and Boxing I  pay little attention to sports or care much about them except the game i am and playoffs.  

May 27, 2017 7:32 PM MDT

• I see :) I don't care much for boxing but I really want Mayweather vs. Mcgregor fight . Now I'm thinking about sports again instead of the Bee's. :) 
      May 27, 2017 7:37 PM MDT

• Until they finally legalize organized knife fighting I'll take what we got.
      May 27, 2017 7:47 PM MDT

• Oh,  I like MMA , have for years before UfC  got popular. Just don't care for boxing. I think it's fixed And fake. 
      May 27, 2017 7:52 PM MDT

• Is there anything more inane than golf?
      May 27, 2017 7:13 PM MDT

• I can't think of anything :/ Maybe watching bowling on Televison or cleaning base boards.. But that's all.
      May 27, 2017 7:28 PM MDT

Yes, there is!
    Questions like "Is there anything more inane than golf?
      May 28, 2017 1:54 AM MDT

• Lol :) you really like golf,  aye? triggered? 
      May 28, 2017 8:00 AM MDT

On a phone call hmm anything but Justin is boring;)) nooooo make an exception Justin can't be an idiot;((
      May 28, 2017 12:32 AM MDT