Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Where will the company be better, Heaven or Hell?

Where will the company be better, Heaven or Hell?

Posted - May 30, 2017

Responses

People in the pain body don't know the difference.

The pain body by Eckhart Tolle

This accumulated pain is a negative energy field that occupies your body and mind. If you look on it as an invisible entity in its own right, you are getting quite close to the truth. It's the emotional pain body. It has two modes of being: dormant and active.

.The pain body wants to survive, just like every other entity in existence, and it can only survive if it gets you to unconsciously identify with it. It can then rise up, take you over, "become you," and live through you. It needs to get its "food" through you. It will feed on any experience that resonates with its own kind of energy, anything that creates further pain in whatever form: anger, destructiveness, hatred, grief, emotional drama, violence, and even illness.

So the pain body, when it has taken you over, will create a situation in your life that reflects back its own energy frequency for it to feed on. Pain can only feed on pain. Pain cannot feed on joy. It finds it quite indigestible.

Once the pain body has taken you over, you want more pain. You become a victim or a perpetrator. You want to inflict pain, or you want to suffer pain, or both. There isn't really much difference between the two. You are not conscious of this, of course, and will vehemently claim that you do not want pain. But look closely and you will that your thinking and behavior are designed to keep the pain going, for yourself and others.

If you were truly conscious of it, the pattern would dissolve, for to want more pain is insanity, and nobody is consciously insane.
    The pain body, which is the dark shadow cast by the ego, is actually afraid of the light of your consciousness. It is afraid of being found out. Its survival depends on your unconscious identification with it, as well as on your unconscious fear of facing the the pain that lives in you. But if you don't face it, if you don't bring the light of your consciousness into the pain, you will be forced to relive it again and again. The pain body may seem to you like a dangerous monster that you cannot bear to look at, but I assure you that it is an insubstantial phantom that cannot prevail against the power of your presence..

So the pain body doesn't want you to observe it directly and see it for what it is. The moment you observe, feel its energy field within you, and take your attention into it, the identification is broken. A higher dimension of consciousness has come in. I call it presence.

You are now the witness or the watcher of the pain body. This means that it cannot use you anymore by pretending to be you, and it can no longer replenish itself through you. You have found your own inner strength. You have accessed the power of Now.
    Unconsciousness creates it; consciousness transmutes it into itself.

The pin body consists of trapped life-energy that has split off from your total energy field and has temporarily become autonomous through the unnatural process of mind identification. It has turned in on itself and become anti-life, like an animal trying to devour its own tail. Why do you think our civilization has become so life-destructive?
    But even the life-destructive forces are still life-energy.

Let me summarize the process. Focus attention on the feeling inside you. Know that it is the pain body. Accept that it is there. Don't think about it - don't let the feeling turn into thinking. Don't judge or analyze. Don't make an identity for yourself out of it. Stay present, and continue to be the observer of what is happening inside you. Become aware not only of the emotional pain but also of "the one who observes," the silent watcher.

This is the power of the Now, the power of your own conscious presence. Then see what happens.

For many women, the pain body awakens particularly at the time preceding the menstrual flow....If you are able to stay alert and present at that time and watch whatever you feel within, rather then be taken over by it, it affords an opportunity for the most powerful spiritual practice, and a rapid transmutation of all past pain becomes possible.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at June 20, 2017 9:50 PM MDT
      May 30, 2017 8:59 PM MDT

• Who do you expect to read all of this? How is it relevant to the question?
      June 19, 2017 12:07 PM MDT

Lol. That's what she often says about my answers. Too funny. (Hi Sharona the towel )
      June 20, 2017 9:51 PM MDT

Know this and don't take it lightly. People who have had NDEs and gone to Hell say even with the multitudes there that they can see, each individual is still alone suffering in their own damnation receiving no comfort from a joint experience. The only beings partying are the ones tormenting you.. the demons. This post was edited by O-uknow at May 30, 2017 9:16 PM MDT
      May 30, 2017 9:13 PM MDT

• One must first have some reason to accept NDEs as external, rather than internal experiences.  A dying, usually very drugged mind is perhaps not the best source of information about an afterlife
      May 30, 2017 9:20 PM MDT

Here we go again. Must also there be a reason for believing in Hell? Your motivation is not in seeking answers but in seeking to discredit those who have already fond them.
      May 30, 2017 9:26 PM MDT

• Yes, here we go again for sure. Refusal to engage the conversation.  Yes, most certainly there must be reasons for believing in Hell.  You are quite wrong about my motivations.  My motivation is to ask people why they believe the propositions they believe.  You have a habit of presenting assertions with no support.
      May 30, 2017 9:42 PM MDT

• NDEs result in delusions. People see what they expect to see. Non-Christians do not see Heaven and Hell. Vikings saw Valhalla, Japanese see Yomi, ancient Greeks saw the House of Hades, etc. I am as scared of hell as you are of Yomi, Tartarus, etc.
      June 19, 2017 12:13 PM MDT

• O-uknow, the question that needs to be asked--Are NDE's a Biblical concept? Can they be trusted to be an accurate description of how the Bible depicts heaven and hell? Of course if an individual doesn't believe the Bible then the whole point is moot. That said, there is no specific scriptural support for near-death experiences. Many people use 2 Corinthians 12:2-5 as a biblical proof text of near-death experiences. However, this is taking great liberty with interpretation and makes the assumption that Paul had actually died when he found himself in heaven. The passage nowhere states that Paul had died. It was a vision that God gave Paul of heaven, not a near-death experience.

We need to be extremely careful in how we validate our experiences. The most important test of any experience is comparing it with the Bible. Satan is always ready to cause deception and twist people's thinking. Because the Bible is silent regarding near-death experiences, and scientific research has not been able to be performed reliably, we simply cannot accept the legitimacy of near death experiences on their face value. It would be too strong to state that all near-death experiences are faked, imagined, or Satanic, but there are still serious concerns, biblically, about the validity of near-death experiences.
      June 27, 2017 3:05 PM MDT

In order to answer here I would first have to believe that death is not the end of life. So, Sorry I am not qualified ;-))
      May 31, 2017 12:01 AM MDT

Why worry?

In life, one if two things is certain - either you are sick or you are well.
    If you are well, there is no need to worry. If you are sick, one of two things is certain - you will get better, or you won't.
    If you get better, there is no need to worry. If you don't, one of two things is certain - you will live, or you will die.
    If you live, there is no need to worry. If you die, one of two things is certain - you will go to Heaven, or to Hell.
    If you go to Heaven, there is no need to worry. If you go to Hell, you'll be so damn busy shaking hands with friends, you won't have TIME to worry.
      May 31, 2017 3:21 AM MDT

not sure since i havent been to either of those places
      May 31, 2017 5:57 PM MDT

Where will the company be better, Heaven or Hell?

=======================================

You say “My motivation is to ask people why they believe the propositions they believe.”

If Hell stands up to its description as a place of utter damnation and unbearable torment then it would not have anything in it that is even remotely pleasant including good company, and you wouldn’t be able to care who else was there, anyway, would you?

If Heaven lives up to its description then everything would be at your beck and call including the best of companionships.
      June 2, 2017 6:52 PM MDT

You make both sound like impossible extreemes.
    And i rather agree ;)
      June 3, 2017 1:01 AM MDT

i have accurately portrayed them as they are described, don't you think?
      June 3, 2017 5:37 AM MDT

Yes, I agree.
      June 3, 2017 3:43 PM MDT

• It is not so simple as that. Neither are desirable. Hell and heaven are just infantile fantasy used to motivate people to do whatever clergymen tell them.
      June 19, 2017 12:17 PM MDT

Bollocks, the concept of Heaven existed long before it was codified by organised religion. Man is so constructed that it is impossible to fully believe in one's own death. That kind of self-annihilation isn't possible - I'm quoting Robert A Heinlein, a hard-boiled atheist if there ever was one.
      June 19, 2017 5:17 PM MDT

• Read teeh bible critically as Thomas Jefferson advised, and you are very likely to become an atheist. Reading the Bible shows it is just childish fantasy and thus all things in it are the same.
      July 2, 2017 6:44 AM MDT

I've read it, in Greek and Hebrew, applying exegesis at every step (I have a degree in Theology, took me four years). I found nothing of the sort.  I did find some "creative" translations though. The King James scholars made a complete mess of the Pauline epistles.
      July 2, 2017 6:45 PM MDT

It is an undeniable fact of human nature that people do need the carrot and stick to motivate them and the whole of society is structured around that truth.

Anyway, where did you get the certainty that "Hell and heaven are just infantile fantasy"?
      June 20, 2017 12:38 PM MDT

I think it is safe to say that however we think of Heaven it is something that we will probably find quite pleasing when we enter it.

Hell generally is described in terms that are intended to help us realize that we should avoid going there.

Speculation about the conditions in either place runs the risk of substituting what is visionary for what is real in religion.

So portrayals of either---no matter how reasonable they seem to be---have no added value.
      June 3, 2017 6:12 PM MDT

• Isaac Asimov said that if they existed, Hell would be preferable to Heaven. The people who claim they are going to heaven are not the sort of people that I would want to have for companions for a few seconds, not to mention forever. The most interesting people would go to Hell, if it existed. Christianity offers us only two terrible choices. I would not want to be in either Hell or Heaven, but Heaven would be worse. Some other religions offer better choices for the after life.
      June 19, 2017 12:05 PM MDT

Not that I think you may not know much about Asimov, but tell me why he said that lest I doubt you in the future. 
      June 27, 2017 4:43 PM MDT