Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » America's current CIVIL WAR is being fought over Donald John Trump. Families/friendships are being destroyed. Any of yours?

America's current CIVIL WAR is being fought over Donald John Trump. Families/friendships are being destroyed. Any of yours?

Half the people despise him and the other half worship him. It is a ghastly and horrific war this time. To the death. :( How many casualties of this war will there be?

Posted - June 1, 2017

Responses

A bit melodramatic don't you think?
    Anyway, I don't personally know anyone who's relationships have been ruined over it. Some were delighted and some were disappointed, but we all moved on with our lives. I just avoid talking politics with my conservative friends and family because they're really into it and there's no point in arguing, so I just try to change the subject or let them spiel whatever they need to get out and continue on with the day.
      June 1, 2017 5:53 AM MDT

Melodramatic? Perhaps in your world I am. But I live in MY world Patch and whatever world I touch upon I stay me. I don't adjust or pretzelize or pretend I'm something I'm not and I just calls 'em as I sees 'em. I am the same person everywhere. I know people personally on opposite sides of this Trumpwall who never discuss politics at all because if they do the relationship will either end or be badly damaged. ..perhaps foreverly. It all depends on one's point of view. I personally had a falling out with an ACQUAINTANCE of many years. It was most unexpected. So it can happen to one and all depending of course upon how seriously one takes politics. How involved/engaged one is. How much one cares/gives a rat 's a** or a dam*! Thank you for your reply and Happy Thursday! :) This post was edited by RosieG at June 1, 2017 6:38 AM MDT
      June 1, 2017 6:36 AM MDT

• Families and friendships may getting the deep six where you are but from where I stand, I'm not seeing it. First, any friend that would drop you over the political climate in the land, wasn't worth a hill of beans to start with. Politics is a blood sport, as Bill Clinton said years ago. That being the case, it's also entertainment. No, this isn't civil war. There's been no armed conflict or massing of troops in a state of martial law. There's been no halt in utilities or public services, no subjugation of the media,(though it would be the best thing that ever happened). No mass arrests, internment camps, implementation of "emergency" measures. No, if there's a war out there it's been cleverly disguised. As for family, when things tend to get tough, mine draws closer together. Now, that might change if the shooting starts, but for now it's more entertainment than anything else. So you can stop the wailing and hand wringing and pass the popcorn bowl. With 24 hour news and analysis, the fun never stops.
      June 1, 2017 6:02 AM MDT

• Oh For Pete's Sake!! I don't know where you get your information but I'd like to know so I can stay far far away from that location. 
      June 1, 2017 7:40 AM MDT

Those of us who were brought up to treat others with kindness and respect, do not squander important relationships over political differences. If someone loses friendships because they don't agree on Trump, the friendship was on shaky ground to begin with.
      June 1, 2017 7:44 AM MDT

Well, I do agree that there is a bit MORE of a political divide among some friends and families. I know for sure, because some people close to me have experienced it.   
      June 1, 2017 1:22 PM MDT

hopefully none
      June 1, 2017 3:29 PM MDT