Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Perhaps America's time in the sun was done. Trump showed up to facilitate/accelerate its demise. Perhaps t'was FATE?

Perhaps America's time in the sun was done. Trump showed up to facilitate/accelerate its demise. Perhaps t'was FATE?

Posted - June 3, 2017

Responses

Perhaps America's time in the sun was done and maybe Trump did come along to accelerate it's demise. But there is one sure thing - Trump  won't be satisfied with just that - he will want to cast clouds over other Country's so they never have their day in the sun. He's like an ant at a picnic - spoiling ever ones fun in the sun. Cheers and happy weekend!
      June 3, 2017 10:10 AM MDT

He is a curious case isn't he? Curiouser still are those who adore him/worship him/support him. SIGH. Thank you for your thoughtful reply Nanoose and Happy Sunday! :)
      June 4, 2017 2:29 AM MDT

America, as we know it, is GONE.

We cannot make the 50's appear.  We cannot have democracy as we knew it,  probably because it never really existed.  At least not in any form that was permanent and structured.

Now, we have chaos and disorder and the PIGS have taken reign.  Will we ever recover?  Not really.  We may improve because things will get worse and will be forced to take measures, but I see this land being up for grabs to the highest bidder and we need to hunker down and make sure we can survive this.   I am very pessimistic.
      June 3, 2017 10:59 AM MDT

Here's how I feel about what you just wrote. I feel like an entire nation is on fire and being destroyed and at least 62 million (those who voted for and still support Doofus Donny) are on the sidelines cheering and toasting marshmallows and roasting hotdogs and drinking beer. The rest of us keep trying to get buckets of water to put it out..keep shouting and trying to wake the others up and they are deaf to our entreaties. Shun us. Insult us. And keep warm by staying close to that fire and making the most of it. Overly dramatic? I don't think so.  We are in a serious crisis here and about half of us don't give a sh**. In fact they are enjoying it, reveling in it, celebrating it. What goes on you ask? I have no idea  Shar. It's like a nightmare that makes no sense at all but terrifies you anyway. What  will today bring and tomorrow and tomorrow? More of the same. Thank you for your reply. As you must have figured out by now Trump is a clear and present danger and he seems to be getting away with murder of the United States of America. LITERALLY. I think he is the Biblical BEAST who is taking on God and trying to destroy Him. I hope God is paying attention. :(
      June 4, 2017 2:37 AM MDT

Educated people {not necessarily measured by degree(s) obtained, but rather by the understanding of basic principles which must be preserved in a democracy for that democracy to survive as a democracy} are essential to (especially) a representative democracy such as ours to survive.

Presently our weakest link is the mindset of those who thought that having Trump as president would be in any way better than the other major candidate.

Even staunch conservative Republican congressmen are upset with his lack of dedication to conservative principles.
      June 3, 2017 11:45 AM MDT

Doofus Donny destroys everything he touches. He has set our society on fire and will not stop until we are a pile of ash.  And his worshippers/supporters are very proud of his accomplishments and support whatever he does. I have given up trying to understand what makes them tick. I shall never give up pointing out exactly what he does. I won't ignore it. I won't look the other way. I won't pretend everything will be okay. It won't. SIGH. Thank you for your thoughtful reply tj and Happy Sunday! :)  We are in a severe crisis here and millions of us are celebrating and cheering and having such a wonderful time. :(
      June 4, 2017 2:41 AM MDT

Fiddling while Rome burns....
      June 4, 2017 5:13 PM MDT

Nero was insane wasn't he? I think the Doofus is insaner by far. Thank you for your reply tj! :)
      June 5, 2017 3:09 AM MDT

maybe
      June 3, 2017 12:43 PM MDT

Hi Rosie:

Once again, are you asking us or telling us? Your use of question marks is unclear.
      June 3, 2017 4:45 PM MDT