Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
Malizz
Randy D
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Why does God make us just so he feels loved. Is God narcissistic?
D&D

Why does God make us just so he feels loved. Is God narcissistic?

Posted - June 3, 2017

Responses

You don't have a clue why God does what.  So, don't assume.
      June 3, 2017 12:41 PM MDT

But I see you did not answer the question. Is something nagging at you?
      June 3, 2017 12:55 PM MDT

Oh yeah.   I am going nuts right now because I have been in school and need to get a job and I'm worried.  That is nagging me.
      June 3, 2017 1:00 PM MDT

No one has a clue why God does what.  It's up to religions to assume why God does what they think is done by God. All religions are man made.
      June 9, 2017 5:14 AM MDT

• I am not a mindless puppet of any religions. I look critically at the Bible, just as I do with any book, as Thomas Jefferson advised us. Such a study made Thomas Jefferson an atheist, and it has done so to many men. If you refuse to even question things, you will never find any truths. I do not assume that God exists, but you evidently do. "So don't assume", you said. Follow your own advice.
      June 19, 2017 12:26 PM MDT

Jefferson correctly advised questioning everything critically, including God's very existence.  Though he clearly did not believe in the deity of Christ, he never clearly spelled out his beliefs regarding a creator, insisting that was between each man and his God.  He was likely a deist, rather than an atheist.  

https://www.monticello.org/site/research-and-collections/jeffersons-religious-beliefs
      June 19, 2017 1:03 PM MDT

I question the assumption(s) behind your question.

The basic philosophical principle is that good tends to communicate itself.  It is for our pleasure that he created us.

So I can't answer your question---it assumes an unproven assumption.
      June 3, 2017 1:02 PM MDT

• No, that is not basic philosophy. Read the Bible objectively, and it denies your assumptions. You are the person making unproven assumptions.
      June 19, 2017 12:29 PM MDT

maybe
      June 3, 2017 1:47 PM MDT

• God be like...
      June 3, 2017 5:25 PM MDT

Did God create Trump?  I'm not sure I like God.
      June 3, 2017 6:07 PM MDT

God created feces,too.  Gotta take the good with the bad. Wait!  I'm not saying Trump is crap.
      June 3, 2017 6:13 PM MDT

• If God created Obama and Hillary, he is terrible.
      June 19, 2017 12:31 PM MDT

There are quite a few odd things about god. You just gotta have faith.
      June 3, 2017 7:40 PM MDT

I don't think anybody in their right mind should love God if he exists. 
      June 3, 2017 10:18 PM MDT

Do not confuse human human frailty with God.“In God there is no hunger that needs to be filled, only plenteousness that desires to give.”
    ― C.S. Lewis, The Four Loves 
      June 4, 2017 2:07 AM MDT

Why does God make us just so he feels loved. Is God narcissistic?

====================================================

Some religions describe God as self-sufficient, above all needs. He needs no partner and no family. His creation, on the other hand, are in need of Him every moment of their existence, irrespective of whether they accept it or not.

June 18, 2017 6:19 PM MDT

• Evidently God is narcissistic, sadistic and masochistic. He is a psychotic monster who will be punished by Volos. The OT is a collection of crude fiction written by savages whose deity has their personality disorders.
      June 19, 2017 12:35 PM MDT

I think if there were a God, he/she/It would not say 'Love me NOW and if you don't, then this/that, this/that will occur on or to you.' It seems unloving, unfair, not sensible and as if it were humans who said that, to frighten other humans, into 'order' perhaps? I'm not sure, no one 'KNOWS'...I like Bill Maher's religion, 'I don't Know.' Sometimes I feel things are just way too chaotic, evil and negative for a higher power to have created us like this, other times I know everything seems to mesh into sync ; the sun, birds, teh trees providing shade, our skin and organs providing us life and eyes for sight... but you raise a very good question D... I am trying to just live as if I am just a being, and things could end anytime; so to relish any moment I can and stop worrying what people THINK of me. (this robbed me of a lot of joy in my life)... Keep up the thought provoking q's
      June 19, 2017 12:47 PM MDT