Active Now

Slartibartfast
Danilo_G
Malizz
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » A contractor was arrested for leaking Classified information from the White House. When was Trump arrested for leaking? How did I miss it?

A contractor was arrested for leaking Classified information from the White House. When was Trump arrested for leaking? How did I miss it?

I know. Trump can declassify anything he dam* well wants to. OUR CLASSIFIED INFO. He leaked another country's CLASSIFIED INFO. He had NO RIGHT to do that. He didn't ask and receive their permission  BEFORE he leaked. I thought no one was above the law. Why do we keep making exceptions for Trump? He is clearly unable/unwilling/uninterested in following rules/laws/protocol/civility. How come he doesn't pay for it like everyone else has to pay for it? I don't get it! :(

Posted - June 6, 2017

Responses

Digging a bigger hole for himself. The obstruction is what will get him impeached.
      June 6, 2017 8:11 AM MDT

A contractor shouldn't be able to get classified information - points out how bad security must be. If a contractor can get classified info can you imagine what Russian spies can get. Cheers!
      June 6, 2017 8:52 AM MDT

A great deal of our intelligence work is contracted out.    

https://www.thenation.com/article/how-private-contractors-have-created-shadow-nsa/
      June 6, 2017 9:38 AM MDT

Whether you like it or not, Rosie, Trump did not break the law when he shared intel on ISIS with Russia (who is also fighting ISIS).  Those who leaked that information to the press did, and if anyone put the originator of that info and/or their intelligence personnel in danger, it was those who leaked it to the press, thus announcing it to the world.  

Nor was the contractor arrested for leaking anything from the WH.  She was arrested for leaking an NSA document from an office in Georgia.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/world/national-security/contractor-charged-in-nsa-document-leak-case/2017/06/05/41144b0e-4a37-11e7-a186-60c031eab644_story.html
      June 6, 2017 9:34 AM MDT

maybe he got away with it for being president
      June 6, 2017 9:59 AM MDT