Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » When sin, suffering and death are eliminated from the world do you think God will stop homosexual orientation from happening anymore ?

When sin, suffering and death are eliminated from the world do you think God will stop homosexual orientation from happening anymore ?

Among humans as well as any other species or will they just have to suffer from unfulfilled desire?

Posted - June 7, 2017

Responses

Not sure if this is a biblical question, but Matt 22:30 says "For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven."

Hence, it doesn't sound like sexual orientation would matter. 

June 8, 2017 5:42 AM MDT

I just find it is fastinating that same sex romantic attractions occur naturally.
      June 8, 2017 6:36 AM MDT

Another biblical reference is Rev 21:4 He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.” This post was edited by Pepper Pot at June 8, 2017 6:34 AM MDT
      June 8, 2017 5:42 AM MDT

When sin and suffering and death are eliminated, God will eliminate people like you judging and tormenting people who are homosexual.

June 8, 2017 5:49 AM MDT

It is the bible story writers opinion that same sex behavior is an abomination . If there is a creator God perhaps in his great wisdom there is some purpose for it.

Not my intention to judge or torment homosexual orientation if it does appear that way in my question. 
    Point of the Q is that if homosexual orientation is an abomination to God as the bible indicates what will God ( if he exist) do about it if and when such a thing as end of sin, suffering and death ever does occur?
      June 8, 2017 6:50 AM MDT

As I've stated before, assuming one believes in a God, the only writing directly attributed to him/her are the Ten Commandments, which state absolutely nothing about homosexuality.  Everything else in either the Old or New Testament was written by man attempting to set forth what they think God means.
      June 8, 2017 6:56 AM MDT

I can't figure out what God is doing or thinking when it comes to ruling the world.
    But I am sure someone will come with a boat load of scriptures to explain it. Just wait for it.
      June 8, 2017 10:27 AM MDT

• if i believed in a god, my answer would have to a very firm no.

edit: and if i did not believe in a god, my answer would obviously be no. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at June 8, 2017 11:36 AM MDT
      June 8, 2017 11:32 AM MDT

i hope so but only god knows
      June 8, 2017 4:53 PM MDT

Animals usually display acts of domination, and this is what the Torah in part was referring to with regards to the homosexual act, it was also associated with idol worship amongst the Canaanites, as the temple of the goddess often had homosexual prostitutes. 

http://templebethor.org/about-us/from-rabbi/item/a-jewish-perspective-on-homosexuality This post was edited by Pepper Pot at June 8, 2017 4:56 PM MDT
      June 8, 2017 4:54 PM MDT