Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Will Putin Giving Parenting Award to Jehovah’s Witnesses affect the decision on July 17 to liquidate their facilities their?

Will Putin Giving Parenting Award to Jehovah’s Witnesses affect the decision on July 17 to liquidate their facilities their?

https://www.jw.org/en/news/releases/by-region/russia/president-putin-gives-parenting-award-to-jehovahs-witnesses/

Posted - June 9, 2017

Responses

Is Russia forcing the JW out of Russia, or has JW decided to close facilities there?  I'm not familiar with the case.  The award seemed like a nice thing, knowing only what is in the article.  Many nice things are wolves in sheep's clothing. This post was edited by Thriftymaid at June 26, 2017 12:01 PM MDT
      June 9, 2017 1:49 PM MDT

Russia has banned JW's as extremist. Since the ban, some of the homes of individual JW's have been burned down, some have been robbed, some Kingdom Halls have been burned with no government intervention. 

https://www.jw.org/en/news/releases/by-region/russia/authorities-raid-peaceful-religious-meeting-jehovahs-witnesses/

https://www.sltrib.com/home/5307270-155/since-russias-ban-persecution-of-jehovahs

https://www2.stetson.edu/~psteeves/relnews/170601a.html

Putin and the Church
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRgWVAfHNZM

https://www2.stetson.edu/~psteeves/relnews/170601a.html This post was edited by texasescimo at June 26, 2017 5:42 PM MDT
      June 26, 2017 12:08 PM MDT

What caused this?  I'm surprised.
      June 26, 2017 2:07 PM MDT

It's happened in most Countries at one time or another. More that once in Russia. Just as in the first century, the popular Clergy are usually behind it. 

(Acts 5:27, 28) So they brought them and stood them before the Sanʹhe·drin. Then the high priest questioned them 28 and said: “We strictly ordered you not to keep teaching on the basis of this name, and yet look! you have filled Jerusalem with your teaching, and you are determined to bring the blood of this man upon us.”
    (Acts 5:42) And every day in the temple and from house to house they continued without letup teaching and declaring the good news about the Christ, Jesus.

(Matthew 10:17) Be on your guard against men, for they will hand you over to local courts and they will scourge you in their synagogues.
    (Matthew 10:22) And you will be hated by all people on account of my name, but the one who has endured to the end will be saved.
    (Mark 13:9) “As for you, look out for yourselves. People will hand you over to local courts, and you will be beaten in synagogues and be put on the stand before governors and kings for my sake, for a witness to them.
    (John 15:21) But they will do all these things against you on account of my name, because they do not know the One who sent me.
    (Matthew 24:9) “Then people will hand you over to tribulation and will kill you, and you will be hated by all the nations on account of my name.
    (Matthew 24:14) And this good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.
      June 26, 2017 3:35 PM MDT

Pray for God's kingdom to come. I couldn't agree more with the last statement in this video. I wonder if putin and his church know what they pray for?
      June 26, 2017 5:46 PM MDT

June 10, 2017 3:05 PM MDT

EDIT: After reading Thrifty Maids comment, I went back and clicked on the link. It's not like the ones you have posted in the past. I apologize, sorry. If you don't mind, please post a link and a description in the future so there is no misunderstanding in light of your past habit of posting slanderous links without descriptions.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/russia-cant-tell-the-difference-between-jehovahs-witnesses-and-al-qaeda/2017/04/28/b7e02b6a-2915-11e7-b605-33413c691853_story.html?utm_term=.4abfd72b899e
    Russia can’t tell the difference between Jehovah’s Witnesses and al-Qaeda
    This post was edited by texasescimo at June 26, 2017 7:08 PM MDT
      June 10, 2017 8:47 PM MDT

Now, now, Tex.
    This link does not bring you to my personal point of any type of view. It's some one else's, which I find humorous. Can't tell the difference between Jehovah’s Witnesses and al-Qaeda? I'm not laughing with the story, I'm laughing at the story.

You seem to understand the Bible even less than I do, since the Watchtower is constantly changing its doctrine and you have no right to question it.

Governors and kings do not put any one on the stand JW's are far from being persecuted in any fashion, so stop victimizing yourself to glorify yourself.

The Bible speaks about your cult making changes.
    Galatians 1:6–9
    I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you to live in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel—7 which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God’s curse! 9 As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let them be under God’s curse!
    Malachi 3:6
    For I, the LORD, do not change; therefore you, O sons of Jacob, are not consumed.
    Deuteronomy 4:2
    Do not add to what I command you and do not subtract from it, but keep the commands of the Lord your God that I give you.
    Matthew 15:14
    Let them alone; they are blind guides of the blind. And if a blind man guides a blind man, both will fall into a pit.
      June 11, 2017 7:16 AM MDT

The Bible foretold an apostasy (Your Catholic Church for example) after the death of the apostles with a return to true worship at the time of the end. After over a thousand years of your Church murdering anyone that spoke truth, the return to true worship was gradual as foretold. Prov 4:18

Quote: "JW's are far from being persecuted in any fashion". You're funny.
    I suppose you think that Catholics and ISIS have never persecuted anyone either, right?
      June 11, 2017 7:43 AM MDT

Stop victimizing yourself in order to to glorify yourself.

Jehovah's Witnesses have no idea what persecution is. You read about it, but you don't fall into the category. You're all too full of yourselves.

June 11, 2017 1:26 PM MDT

You have definitely got his number.
      June 11, 2017 9:59 AM MDT

Yes I do. 

He thinks he holds the truth about God. Jehovah's Witnesses believe they know the truth but keep searching for the light to get brighter. If one has the truth, there's no need to wait for any light to get brighter. 

Jehovah's Witnesses tend to degrade Catholics. The name Jehovah was formulated by a Catholic monk in the 13th century, which they hold so dear to calling God. They obey the Pope and don't even know it.

June 11, 2017 1:48 PM MDT

Hey you two, be careful. If y'all are not the same ethnicity, political persuasion, nationality or whatever, y'all could be pressed in to service to try to kill each other. Take all the Catholic on Catholic murder in Rwanda, WWII and pretty much any other war that had Catholics on both sides. But those orders will likely come from your local Bishop, definitely not God or Jesus.

(John 13:34, 35) I am giving you a new commandment, that you love one another; just as I have loved you, you also love one another. 35 By this all will know that you are my disciples—if you have love among yourselves.”
      June 11, 2017 4:06 PM MDT

June 11, 2017 5:11 PM MDT

Do you consider it sane for your Catholic Hutu brothers to murder your Catholic Tutsi brothers?
      June 11, 2017 8:08 PM MDT

Go Tutu yourself to see a psychiatrist.
      June 12, 2017 4:58 AM MDT

Whoa!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Two steps back please.
      June 26, 2017 4:36 PM MDT

Are you referring to the comment I made to antibiotic? I edited it. Antibiotic and I go way back.
      June 26, 2017 7:09 PM MDT

It certainly is ironic that the Russian government (including putin as president and head of state)would ban the Jehovah's witnesses because we are considered an extremist, and dangerous terrorist group, yet putin has just awarded the order of "parental glory" to valeriy and titiana Novik, Jehovah's Witnesses from karelia. Russia awards this honor to parents who have raised at least seven children and have shown extraordinary care for their family's health and education, as well as their physical, mental, and moral development. Fa miles awarded the order are considered models that strengthen the family institution. What a contradiction when Russia is accusing the witnesses of breaking up families, and a detriment to Russian society.
      June 17, 2017 12:08 AM MDT