Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Just because someone leaves a religion that no longer works for them, does it mean that they no longer love God or want to serve him?

Just because someone leaves a religion that no longer works for them, does it mean that they no longer love God or want to serve him?

Posted - June 9, 2017

Responses

It sounds as though you have never been part of a religion.  The answer is of course not.  Of course if a person completely takes God out of his lfe he logically  would leave his religious affiliation as well.  This post was edited by Thriftymaid at June 10, 2017 3:25 PM MDT
      June 9, 2017 1:35 PM MDT

I don't know where you got the idea that I have never been part of a religion by the way my question is worded.
    The fact is I have been involved in several religions. But that does mean I left God or no longer love him.
    I am just wondering how others feel about it.
      June 9, 2017 1:46 PM MDT

The fact that you asked it.  Religions are man-made organizations of people with similar beliefs.  It is no surprise that they may grow and evolve into organizations where some members no longer feel like they want to be associated.  That has nothing to do with one's Faith in God and eagerness to serve him.  There are many people with very strong Faith who are associated with no religion.  In the USA that number is growing. This post was edited by Thriftymaid at June 10, 2017 3:25 PM MDT
      June 9, 2017 2:03 PM MDT

All religions are just different routes to the same God is a lie that puts you on a path leading to just one route. The route to Hell.
      June 9, 2017 1:52 PM MDT

That's what your religion wants you to think.
      June 10, 2017 5:54 AM MDT

Antibiotic, I believe from what O-Uknow has written that it can be inferred that he either has no religion or is anti-religion. 
    ~
      June 10, 2017 6:23 AM MDT

Ok, I just happen to believe that any religion is its own route to God and is no route to any kind of hell.
      June 10, 2017 12:59 PM MDT

Thank you. 
    ~
      June 10, 2017 1:01 PM MDT

You have a great way of putting things and I have enjoyed your comments many times.
      June 11, 2017 12:33 PM MDT

You may know a lot about Hell.   But that does not mean that I don't know a lot about heaven.  I have visited both places.   You seem to be stuck in the one place and since you have not witnessed anything but mental agony, you assume there is no exit.  

Stop being stubborn.  I don't blame you for not wanting to take anything at face value or listen to others, but really?  The evidence is there, you need to open that mind of yours and stop being addicted to being right.

You are not right. 
      June 11, 2017 9:15 AM MDT

Nah, such splits are usually about personalities and personal animosities, practically nothing to do with religion or religiosity.

I expect the congregation of reverend Phelps of Westboro lost a lot of members in early days as he preached his message.
      June 9, 2017 1:54 PM MDT

Here is all it means.   For whatever reason one may choose, and that reason may be wonderful or very harmful to the person's spiritual growth;' it just depends on the situation.   I would say that a genuine, thoughtful rift from one's faith requires a lot of soul-searching and introspection in order for the person going astray to feel comfortable with their choice to split.  

In short, they need to really know why they are quitting.   Or they will be conflicted.  If you really know why you are quitting, I hope that those quitters know that God is in them, around them, behind them and with them every step of the way.   There is no reason to worry when a faith stems from that truth.

May you see that GOD is everywhere and how you perceive Him should make you proud.   I feel you deserve that.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at June 10, 2017 3:25 PM MDT
      June 9, 2017 1:59 PM MDT

People have their own reasons for leaving a religion, and it doesn't make them all awful people for doing so.
    Thank you for your answer. Have a wonderful day.
      June 10, 2017 3:15 PM MDT

No one is awful for leaving a religion.   That is usually the path to finding what matters to YOU. 

Have a great Sunday.  I am listening to you, not judging you at all. 
      June 11, 2017 9:16 AM MDT

You have a great viewpoint but I am sad to say that not all feel the same way.
    Some believe that if you leave their religion you must be bitter about it and are a liar if you share the reason that you leave and share the truth about it.
    And they believe that if you leave the religion you are leaving God too. And that is not true in all cases. It's not in my case at any rate nor in many others that I know.
      June 11, 2017 10:58 AM MDT

• Many people will find that no religion works for them. There are other paths to God besides organized religion. 
      June 9, 2017 2:26 PM MDT

I totally agree.
      June 10, 2017 3:16 PM MDT

Not at all. The Catholic Church stopped working for me more than twenty years ago. I married a Protestant girl, took her faith and never once looked back. I'm a more devoted Christian now than I was then.
      June 9, 2017 6:33 PM MDT

God exists within you as you.
    No religion required
      June 9, 2017 7:03 PM MDT

"Religion", the man-made construct, is wholly unnecessary for faith. It is, in fact, quite often a hindrance.  JMHO
      June 9, 2017 7:24 PM MDT

Amen, Sister!
    ~
      June 9, 2017 10:33 PM MDT

You said it Boz.
      June 10, 2017 3:17 PM MDT

Nope. God is of God and religion is of man. 

~
      June 9, 2017 10:34 PM MDT

• Lulu'sMom, it could mean that they no longer love God or want to serve Him. Then, it could also mean that a person leaves a religion because it hinders their love for and servitude to God. Much or most of religions/denominations are man-centered instead of Christ-centered which is a huge hindrance to the proper worship of Almighty God. I say this because we are to worship God in spirit and truth. Which is why, after I attended several churches, I decided to leave. They were man-centered, not Christ-centered.

Let me say this about loving God. Loving God is a wonderful thing but loving God will not give us eternal life. One must be born-again. Believe on the name of Jesus. Be a believer in and follower of Him. Being a believer in and follower of Jesus means just that but it also means we must trust our very lives to Him because He said that He will never leave us or forsake us.

June 10, 2017 1:01 PM MDT