Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Posse. Mob. Gang. Cabal. Group. Political Party. Religion. Which has, can, will do the most harm to the belongers? Why?

Posse. Mob. Gang. Cabal. Group. Political Party. Religion. Which has, can, will do the most harm to the belongers? Why?

Posted - June 11, 2017

Responses

i think all of them can be equally harmful
      June 11, 2017 4:33 PM MDT

I will say religion has caused the greatest harm throughout human history, and still is to this day. World empire of false religion has deceived untold billions for millenniums. Religious leaders have for the most part been in positions of trust, in positions of caring and supposedly nurturing, and comforting, as well as imparting hope to others. The false religious leaders have exploited the masses and incited hatred of truth.  This post was edited by Autumnleaves at June 14, 2017 12:07 PM MDT
      June 13, 2017 10:21 PM MDT

I sadly agree with thee Autumn. Look at what Muslim terrorists have done to Islam. There were Christian Crusades that devastated people. I think in Ireland the Catholics/Protestants have been at war since forever. I don't how much of the hatred between Jews and Palestinians stems from religious differences. Jews were targeted by Nazis for genocide. Armenian Christians were targeted by Turks for genocide.The "religion" of Scientology sounds frightening and harmful. The religious right seems ever so self-righteous and believes it is ever so  superior to all other religious beliefs. Look at all the harm they have done. Thank you for your thoughtful analysis and Happy Wednesday. I wish it were otherwise. This post was edited by RosieG at June 14, 2017 12:07 PM MDT
      June 14, 2017 2:21 AM MDT

:))))
      June 14, 2017 9:19 AM MDT

Is this a trick question?---Trump supporters are all of these. 
      June 14, 2017 11:25 AM MDT

No it is not a trick question. You didn't answer it. Which of them will do the most harm to the belongers tom?
      June 14, 2017 12:08 PM MDT

Based on the phrasing of your question ... the answer would be gang or cabal.
    They are the only groups that routinely cause harm to their own members (or "belongers").
    All the other groups focus the harm they cause outward ... to people/things NOT belonging to themselves.
      June 14, 2017 11:31 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply Walt O'R and Happy Wednesday! :)
      June 14, 2017 12:08 PM MDT

I'm surprised that you act as if my response went over your head.

Posse a body of men, typically armed, summoned by a sheriff to enforce the law.

Mob---a large crowd of people, especially one that is disorderly and intent on causing trouble or violence.

Gang---an organized group of criminals.

Cabal---a secret political clique or faction.

Political Party---A political party is a group of people who come together to contest elections and hold power in the government.

Religion---a pursuit or interest to which someone ascribes supreme importance.

Now I've done some work; why don't you do some and tell us which you think is the most dangerous?
      June 14, 2017 1:26 PM MDT