Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » A sniper shooting occurred in Alexandria, VA this morning. A Congressman, Congressional aide and 2 policemen were shot. Open season on Pols?

A sniper shooting occurred in Alexandria, VA this morning. A Congressman, Congressional aide and 2 policemen were shot. Open season on Pols?

Republican Pols were practicing for a baseball game that was to take place Thursday. A bi-partisan game. Dems hadn't taken to the field to practice yet or perhaps practiced elsewhere. Apparently the Pols do this all the time. This is something new. Something scary. Something deadly. Anyone knows what's going on and why?

Posted - June 14, 2017

Responses

Hatred begets hatred. This doesn't surprise me. The result of hateful speech can only be followed by hateful actions. Very sad and appalling situation. There is a biblical principle most choose to ignore "for whatever a person is sowing, this he will also reap."(galatians 6:7)when a person has so much hatred in his heart, it is only a matter of time before he acts on his actions given the opportunity. This post was edited by Autumnleaves at June 16, 2017 2:06 AM MDT
      June 15, 2017 11:42 PM MDT

Hi Autumn. Also "cast thy bread upon the waters and it will be returned a thousandfold". Something like that. Which usually pertains to giving out good but it also can pertain to giving out bad. It is more than sad and I agree with you. Hate speech is the fuel. I saw a few Pols (both parties) talk about "toning down" the speech. I think it is sadly just temporary. Momentary. We have short memories and revert back to what we usually do after the novelty of a tragedy wears off. :( Thank you for your thoughtful reply and Happy Friday m'dear! :)
      June 16, 2017 2:11 AM MDT