Discussion » Questions » Babies and Kids » When you think of your happiest childhood memories what ONE THING stands out for you? Why?

When you think of your happiest childhood memories what ONE THING stands out for you? Why?

Posted - June 17, 2017

Responses

Everyone was still ALIVE?

June 17, 2017 11:11 AM MDT

If that's question I cannot answer it. If it's a statement I don't understand it.
      June 18, 2017 4:01 AM MDT

Hi Rosie~ Please remember her answer is open to interpretation.  I understand it as we are all getting older.  When we were younger there was very little threat of anyone dying within our group of friends.  Therefore, there would be no sadness around thinking one of us might die.
    I hope this helps.  Please remember, that is the way I understand it.  I'm sure there are many ways you could read her answer. :) :) This post was edited by Merlin at June 28, 2017 10:05 PM MDT
      June 18, 2017 6:34 PM MDT

Are you referring to Shar's reply Merlin? Shar is a she by the way. I'm still confused and I guess she chose not to unconfuse me. I don't know what thinking back to one's childhood searching for happy memories has to do with life or death. I cannot connect the two. My fault I'm sure. Thank you for trying to help unconfuse me though. I appreciate it! :)
      June 19, 2017 2:50 AM MDT

Good Morning Rosie and yes I was referring to Shar's question.  I don't know what came over me last night when I kept calling she a he.  You are right.  Thank you for catching that and correcting me.  I changed it this morning.  It's o.k. if you can't connect the two. There is no fault my friend.  People see things differently and hear/read things differently than others.  You do a fabulous job.   Have a great day and it's nice to see you again.   I hope to see you on another question soon :) This post was edited by Merlin at June 19, 2017 8:03 AM MDT
      June 19, 2017 7:55 AM MDT

No, Rosie.  I am never trying to not answer a question of yours.  I just get to them when I see them again sometimes.  Sorry, I did answer you in the comment above this one.  Sorry, to confuse.  But I do think Merlin got it kind of right, but I am a woman, Merlin.  How about you? 
      June 28, 2017 10:07 PM MDT

Indeed Shar to the Rona, I am a women, just as you.  I think we saw past that gender thing and knew each other as women regardless to the typo.  Being that the your answer had nothing to with gender anyway and felt no defense was needed, it wasn't anything that needed to be corrected nor defended. 
    I'm glad I understood your answer.  Maybe because we are of similar perceptions or thought patterns.  Who knows?  It couldn't be because we are women because Rosie is a women too.  
    Whatever the case may be, I'm glad we all now know.  I'll see you both sooner than later, I hope.  Have a great day ;)
      June 29, 2017 11:55 AM MDT

I remember all my friends and family back then and the memory that I cherish is that they are all still alive back then.  I know it is kind of confusing, but I really think of my whole childhood as one big memory now.
      June 28, 2017 10:05 PM MDT

i grew up with a twin sister so i always had someone my own age to play with
      June 17, 2017 4:22 PM MDT

Lucky you. Thank you for your reply pearl.
      June 18, 2017 4:00 AM MDT

Innocence, pure joy and a sense of endless possibilities.
      June 18, 2017 4:07 AM MDT

That is lovely Lyrical One. Your childhood sounds incredibly great as all childhoods SHOULD BE. Some aren't and yet those children grow up to be wonderful adults. Go figger! Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday! :)
      June 19, 2017 2:47 AM MDT

I have many great scenes of my childhood.  It would difficult to pick just one specific episode that would exceed the others.  As far as the over-all feeling about the lifestyle and environment I grew up in it would be the art of giving and caring.
    We all gave to our family unit.  We brought our own unique qualities to the table and offered it freely to help the whole.  We truly love one another to this day, each and every day. 
      June 19, 2017 8:02 AM MDT

• I was about 7 or 8, it was very early in the morning of my mom's birthday, say about 6, and I had woken up to pee and was on my way to the loo, when I passed the kitchen and saw my mom and dad hugging very, very tight. They continued their hug quite unaware that I was standing at the door watching them unsure whether to join in. Something came over me then and I rushed to them and hugged them both together, and my mom and dad both enveloped me in their arms. And there we stood, motionless in a threesome hug, for what seemed a very long time, but might not have been more than a couple of minutes. 
    Ive seen them hug on numerous occasions thereafter, but never so warmly or tightly as on that morning.
    Thinking back, perhaps the night before had been a very special one for them. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at August 18, 2017 4:58 PM MDT
      August 18, 2017 4:49 PM MDT