Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » What is it about males and their cars, women and their shoes? Blatant untrue stereotypes or true? Do they outgrow the fetish? Did YOU?

What is it about males and their cars, women and their shoes? Blatant untrue stereotypes or true? Do they outgrow the fetish? Did YOU?

Posted - June 17, 2017

Responses

True for alot of men and women but like most stereotypes, it doesn't apply to all men and women. Do they outgrow the fetish? I dont see why. Maybe when a woman is 80 she might choose more comfortable shoes instead of pumps but men, if they still drive, may still carry the same taste for cars. I personally, dont care for shoes or cars. I am a female. 
      June 17, 2017 10:14 AM MDT

I used to like shoes but never LOVED them. I do LOVE cars though. My personal all-time favorite? Lamborghini. Any one from any year! And the  1969 XKE! I have a poster of a red Countache. Went to an auto show once with Jim and they had an entire area roped off filled with Lamborghinis! Oh my gosh I swooned!  I go barefoot in the house or stockingfooted in the winter. I wear sandals out. I have sandals you can wear with or without socks. I do not even like shoes any more tell you the truth! Too confining! I'm a gal but I think you know that! Thank you for your reply cp! :) Oh. I'm on my way to being 80! :)
      June 18, 2017 2:37 AM MDT

Some do.  Some don't. 
    Some collect mini androids.
      June 17, 2017 10:25 AM MDT

Different strokes. Thank you for your reply and the graphic and Happy Sunday! :)
      June 18, 2017 2:38 AM MDT

My car has always been just a "thing" to get me from place to place. "Dependable" is my main desire.
    Though I admit I would LOVE to have a cool Edsel!!!
    :)
      June 17, 2017 11:19 AM MDT

A square boxy Edsel? Surely you jest my friend! I'd like a 1969 XKE Jaguar or any year any model Lamborghini! I like SLEEK! Thank you for your reply WQ and Happy Sunday to you! :)
      June 18, 2017 2:39 AM MDT

Your choices are indeed sleek!

And, believe it or not, I LOVE the Edsels! 
    :)

Happy Day to you, too!
      June 18, 2017 7:43 AM MDT

Dfiferent strokes m'dear! Thank you for your reply WQ and Happy Monday to you! :)
      June 19, 2017 4:36 AM MDT

i never got into making a big deal over shoes much
      June 17, 2017 3:56 PM MDT

I never cared for shoes. Well, I do like athletic shoes because they're so comfy so I like to wait for sales on them to get new ones. But I wait until my other shoes are old and ratty and uncomfy. I'm on my feet all night at work so I need comfy shoes and they wear out fast..
    Anyway, I love my cute little car way more than shoes. I do my best to keep 'er looking and running like new.
      June 17, 2017 7:10 PM MDT

I used to like shoes, high heels especially, when I was younger and working. Never LOVED them. Now I prefer going barefoot or stockingfooted in the house and wear sandals out all year long. Living in southern California gives me that option. I have sandals that can be worn with or without sox. I dislike shoes because they are so confining! I want my feet to be free just like me! Thank you for your reply Patch and Happy Sunday. As for cars? I'd love to have an 1969 XKE or ANY  Lamborghini!   They're all so exquisitely beautiful! :)
      June 18, 2017 3:12 AM MDT

Wowzers! those are beautiful cars! I wish I could afford something like that. My dad collects fancy classic cars, but he doesn't think I'm ready to drive one..
      June 18, 2017 5:47 AM MDT

I did sit in a 1969 XKE decades ago. Never rode in one though. I just loved the lines of the car the minute I first saw it. I fell in love with Lambos when my son graduated from high school and I bought him a Bose car stereo. It came with a large poster of the  Countache! I know! How cool is that? I had it dry-mounted on poster board and framed for him because of course it belonged to my son. But when he went off to college 3 months later he gave it to me. He said I loved it so much I should have it! I still do! I've gone to car shows with Jim and ONCE there was a large area roped off for just Lamborghinis! I don't remember how many there were...maybe 6 or 8? Of course you couldn't get near them but oh my gosh they were so GORGEOUS! My son bought me a beutiful book that is all about Lamborghinis years later. I just am in awe of people who can design such beautiful things! Thank you for your reply Patch!  :)
      June 18, 2017 5:56 AM MDT